Bush Forces U.S. Economy to Resign

au1929

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 05:24 pm
Surprised  
Blames Economy for Rising Unemployment Numbers  

NEWSWEEK WEB EXCLUSIVE

Dec. 10 —  President George W. Bush moved decisively today to stem the recent tide of bad economic news by demanding that the U.S. economy resign, effective immediately
 MR. BUSH DEMANDED that the economy call it quits in a closed-door meeting with the economy in the Oval Office late last night.
        “It’s no secret that the President and the economy haven’t been on the same page for some time now,” one source close to Mr. Bush said. “I think the President finally decided it was time to say, ‘It’s my way or the highway’.”
        White House aides had been saying privately in recent weeks that the President was “furious” at the economy for producing rising unemployment numbers and other gloomy statistics that could prove damaging to the Bush administration.
        “As far as the President was concerned, the economy wasn’t a team player,” one aide said.
        Stock market futures plunged on the news that the U.S. economy had been forced to quit, as investors expressed anxiety about which economy Mr. Bush might ultimately choose to take its place.
        “If President Bush chooses, say, the Argentine economy—uh-oh,” said Janine Pierce, an analyst at Credit Suisse First Boston.
        Meanwhile, sources close to the U.S. economy said that the economy was considering several options, including writing a tell-all memoir, and was presently relaxing at an Irish castle owned by the singer Bono of the rock band U2, a longtime friend of the U.S. economy.
        “Frankly, I think the economy is happy to be away from Bush,” one source said. “Nobody likes being totally ignored.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,115 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 05:29 pm
au, you can eliminate all of those &#2343-type notations by copying the article you're going to copy to Word Pad and then copying it from Word Pad to A2K. The reason why you see those odd characters is because there are items in the stuff you're copying/pasting (most likely these are those quotation marks and apostrophes that curve inwards) aren't in the A2K character set.

Don't know if this bothers you, but I thought you might like to know. :-D
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 05:34 pm
I was wondering where all those odd charaters came from. Thanks
0 Replies