A Troll is Outed

thack45

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 08:59 pm
@Green Witch,
I'd say he got a good amount of joy out of that too.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 09:38 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

He'll be made president of The Tea Party and claim to be the poster boy for Free Speech.

What I found most disturbing was how many creeps he attracted to his bait. People are criticizing him for starting the topics, but it took an active, interested audience of bobble heads to keep the threads going.

people are not all clean and pure...doubt that we ever will be either no matter how hard we swing the hammer.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 11:28 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
I'm not wasting any tears.

Can't say that I will be, either, given what I've learnt about his online preoccupations.
But it seems to me that Reddit was perfectly happy to oblige & support his online activities until his identity was exposed, along with the vocal criticism of his dubious posts.
Going by the original article here, it sounded like he was accepted as one of the fully accepted Reddit guys.
Reddit should cop its share of criticism for his activities on its site, too.
It is not as if he forced his dubious postings on Reddit.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:45 am
@Green Witch,
The Internet, and Reddit in this particular case, created a safe place for people to do despicable things.

(yes. I think posting pictures of people you or someone else took of them in vulnerable situations is despicable and is a violation of their human rights.)

Joe(no matter how happy it makes you.)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 09:20 am
Hey....this could be the start of something really good.

What do you think?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/16/amanda-todd-bully-anonymous-suicide_n_1969792.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Joe(another one bites the dust)Nation
Enzo

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 09:45 am
@Joe Nation,
Bullying, an act which is more abominable than trolling. I think the difference being that trolls target a group where the intention is likely to amuse, while bullies single out a specific individual with a malicious intent. As it's known, there are strength in numbers, thus trolls are more tolerable, and can be taken with a cup of humor. This isn't the case for bullying. A man who exploits a 15 year old is just plain disgusting on a level where I cant even comprehend as to what could even be in the minds of such people to do such a thing.
0 Replies