Magnavox HDD MDR513H PLEASE HELP,

Akiri

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 10:34 pm
We have 2 magnavox hdd mdr513h DVRs in the house and both have been giving us a lot of problems lately and they're less than 1 year old. The date and time jumps, not just minutes, but YEARS - like to 2059!! Also the DTV channels starting at 124 and up have extremely distorted, scrambled pictures. Last but not least, blocks of my DTV channels are missing. Even when I add them back, there's no picture. Please help me out, please!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,551 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Steven Brooks

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2012 09:07 pm
@Akiri,
Hello Members,

Do a factory reset to the device and try. To do factory reset, refer the user manual. It will have details. I think it will help you.

Thanks and Regards,
Steven Brooks
Akiri

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 07:15 am
@Steven Brooks,
Tried that a few time but it did no good. The manual was no help at all. It serves no purpose for troubleshooting issues.
jespah

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 07:34 am
@Akiri,
Hi Akiri,

I'm sorry this is happening. Mainly I'm going to bump up your inquiry, see if I can help you get some nibbles.

Have you tried Googling "Magnavox forums" or even "Magnavox sucks" and the like? Sometimes complaint forums can be a way to find troubleshooting information, or at least a way to contact the company. Recognize that a lot of people simply have an axe to grind and you may need to dig a bit, but that is a way to at least cover it as a possibility.
0 Replies

Derren Brown

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 02:04 am
@Akiri,
Hello Community,

There is only one fuse inside the unit, and if that had failed, then it would have no power at all whatsoever. Unfortunately, when the unit responds this way after a surge, it is typically not cost effective to repair.

Thanks and Regards,
Derren Brown
0 Replies