Romeo and Juliet Paradoxes

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 05:52 pm
I have an essay to write and it has to include the paradoxes my teacher gave us. Destiny vs. control and truth vs. lies I dont know does this relate to Romeo and juliet can you help me please somebody and fast i need is ASAP!!!!!!! I need sentences to example them and i need one quote for book to support these but if you know any way you can help me please reply!!!!!!!
Thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,476 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 06:22 pm
@payalpatel,
Read the play and think. You might enjoy it - there's a reason it's so famous. When I was at school they showed us the Zeffirelli version which was wonderful and we all cried....and then we went home and did our homework.
LucyJames

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 07:35 pm
@payalpatel,
Hello Friends,

Paradox:
A paradox is a statement or situation with seemingly contradictory or incompatible components. On closer examination, however, the combination of these components is indeed appropriate. For example, see how Juliet describes Romeo in the following quote:
Juliet--"O serpent heart, hid with a flowering face!"
While Juliet knows that Romeo is not a serpent nor does he have a face full of flowers, her use of these descriptions show how paradoxically he is her lover and the murderer of her cousin at the same time.

Thanks And Regards.
Lucy James
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 07:45 pm
What pearlylustre said. Read the damn play.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 11:52 pm
@payalpatel,
I'll give you one pointer.
Examine Juliet's mother's own arranged marriage and her attitude to that of her daughter.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 04:47 am
@payalpatel,
Not sure where I read this, but it is true:

Romeo And Juliet is not a love story. It’s a 3-day relationship between a 13-year-old and a 17-year-old that caused 6 deaths.
0 Replies

payalpatel

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 05:42 pm
@LucyJames,
thanks i understand the play after i think about it!
0 Replies

payalpatel

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 05:43 pm
@Pearlylustre,
i did read it all!! its just the languageconfuses me that it but i understand it now
0 Replies