Will a droid smart phone fit in an Iphone dock?

Fri 21 Sep, 2012 03:52 am
Hello Friends,

This may be a dumb question but I am not a techie! I am considering buying a Droid phone, but all the accessories and apps are made for I-phone. My question is this; If I buy a Droid will it dock in an I-phone docking station?

Thanks in Advance
Steve Knight
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 3,579 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

tsarstepan

Fri 21 Sep, 2012 04:07 am
@Steve Knight,
No. Apple designed its iPods and iPhones with proprietary connectors so the manufacturer of Apple accessories had to follow their design specifically and pay for the rights to market these accessories for Apple devices only.

They also did it to stick it to the customers. Get them to pay for a ton of Apple accessories in order to get them to think twice about switching over to another type of smart phone, MP3 player, etc....
jcboy

Fri 21 Sep, 2012 04:10 am
@tsarstepan,
Sounds right to me.

I remember reading Droid’s had their own docking station.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 21 Sep, 2012 04:16 am
@Steve Knight,
Steve Knight wrote:
Hello Friends,

This may be a dumb question but I am not a techie! I am considering buying a Droid phone, but all the accessories and apps are made for I-phone. My question is this; If I buy a Droid will it dock in an I-phone docking station?

Thanks in Advance
Steve Knight

Not sure of the answer, but I'd suspect not, as both sides go out of their way to force consumers to use their own product family exclusively.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 21 Sep, 2012 04:26 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
No. Apple designed its iPods and iPhones with proprietary connectors so the manufacturer of Apple accessories had to follow their design specifically and pay for the rights to market these accessories for Apple devices only.

They also did it to stick it to the customers. Get them to pay for a ton of Apple accessories in order to get them to think twice about switching over to another type of smart phone, MP3 player, etc....

Great news! The new iPhone has all new connectors, which are completely incompatible with all existing iPhone connectors. Shocked

But fear not. They will have all-new products that use the new connectors, so all people have to do is replace 100% of their equipment with brand new Apple products, and their new iPhone will be all set to go.

(Or you can just buy adapters from Apple. $40 apiece I understand.)

Oh, to be an Apple shareholder.....
0 Replies