Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 12:18 am
Anyone wants to upgrade to iPhone 5 from 4S now?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,571 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Steven Brooks

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 09:06 pm
@jeffyang,
Hello to all,

Apple iPhone 5 in front of the smartphone pack:

When Apple introduced the iPhone 4S last October, you could sense the initial disappointment. Many people were longing for an iPhone 5. The iPhone 4S that came instead may not have represented a dramatic upgrade, but it was a snappy handset with an excellent camera and a sometimes-obedient virtual digital assistant named Siri. It went on to become the best-selling iPhone to date.

Nearly a year later the iPhone 5 is upon us. And, what I detect this time is lust. The feelings are unlikely to diminish once buyers get their hands on the iPhone 5 Friday, or whenever their pre-ordered phones arrive.

The iPhone 5 is a winner that should keep Apple at the front of the smartphone pack. But choosing iPhone 5 vs. a top-of-the line Android alternative isn't a cut-and-dried decision, especially if you're partial to a jumbo display, such as the one on the big, bold and beautiful Samsung Galaxy S III, an Android rival for which I've had high praise.

With Regards,
Steven Brooks
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 04:04 am
I was so certain that I was going to get an iPhone 5 despite several Android phones having better hardware specs. I just like the iOS interface and I know that Apple makes quality devices. Sure, the iPhone 5 is a great phone. However, I may have been swayed to Android not by anything that has been added to the Android OS but by what has been removed from iOS. I love Google Maps. I've heard so many negative things about Apple Maps. Oh and I love the option to expand with a MicroSD card. The Droid Razr Maxx is looking pretty nice.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 06:06 am
No. Apparently they have removed Google Maps and installed their own map system which is a piece of ****. Google it and you'll see what I mean. The directions are often wonky. Plus, I don't want a bigger phone just to have a larger screen. Won't fit in a pocket.
0 Replies

john hassen

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2012 11:31 pm
@jeffyang,
Hello Community,

The excitement of the rumour mill, the titillation of every leaked photo led to higher than ever levels of expectation over the iPhone 5 features, and while the announcement was greeted with some derision at the lack of perceived headline improvements, the record sales tell an entirely different story. The iPhone 5 is a clear evolution of the stark, industrial design introduced two years ago with the iPhone 4. That collection of square edges and raw materials was a huge contrast to everything else the company was producing and, frankly, everything else on the market. The iPhone 5 will have a rear-facing 8MP dual-LED flash camera. iPhone 5 will house the A5 as the main processor, which technically is the same chip that currently powers the iPad 2.

Best Regards,
John Hassen
0 Replies