Which Terry Pratchett Character Are You?

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 05:46 pm
I think I most resemble either Aziraphale, from "Good Omens." or William de Worde, form the "Discworld" series.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,623 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Portal Star

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 06:14 pm
Arizaphale was an awesome character.

Uh let's see,

I am a little bit sickly
Have a positive personality
Can be a bit anxious
Can be a little shy
Can be very outgoing (spontaneous)
Am motherly
Am emotional
Am pretty intelligent
and extremely creative
I am unbearably honest.
I keep my promises
I have faith in science, but am sometimes superstitious
I have trouble making up my mind
I care too much about what other people think.
I have a sense of humor, although it is hard to pinpoint.
I am stubborn
Once people are my friends they usually stay that way.

I haven't read many Pratchet books (have been meaning to) So I'll say I'm like the young girl with the book in Good Omens. Having been a girl, and being very stubborn and pretty intelligent I think it fits. What was her name?

And in case -anyone- was wondering, I got "Neo" in the which character from the matrix are you quiz.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 06:30 pm
Anathema Device.
Pratchett tends to write very strong female characters. You have to admire him for that!
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 07:55 pm
Thank you, how could I have forgotten Anathema Device!
Good point, not enough writers make strong female characters. They tend to be flat (not chest, character) whispy little supportive characters all too often.

This isn't related, but, I heard they are going to make a movie out of Neil Gaiman's "American Gods".
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 08:10 pm
That would be the only one of his that I haven't read. BTW, what did you think of Neverwhere?
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 01:38 pm
Haven't read it. I was only introduced to Terry Pratchet and Neil Gaman via Good Omens which I read about a year ago. Since then I read American G-ds (highly recommended) and now I'm reading the short story Smoke And Mirrors book (not as highly recommended although it has some good ones.) I'll let you know when I do read it though, that's within the next 5 on my mental list. It's hard to try to fit in fun reading while I've got schoolwork to do (I'm an undergraduate in college.) I can't recall having read anything by Pratchett other than good omens.

note: I've also been reading Lolita (good writing, kinda groos) and the Terry Goodkind Sword of Truth series as a guilty pleasure. I read snow crash last semester, really liked that one.
0 Replies

tell me why

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 09:34 pm
Monstrous Regiment has some awesome female roles.....
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 09:52 pm
Indeed! Very Happy I don't want to give anything away..sarge!
0 Replies

Eos

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 07:40 pm
Tiffany Aching!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 08:22 pm
never read this author.
0 Replies