Buyin' A Computer - Who's Best?!

Rockin

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 09:54 am
Hi All,
I'm gonna buy a computer in the very near future. I want a Pentium 4, 3+ GHz, 1 GB of RAM and some kind of high quality DVD/CD RW. I've went through Gateway for my first two computers, and I didn't have any real problems. I figured out several problems while talkin' to the Techs at Gateway. And replacements under warranty were very swift. But I know what I want and I don't feel that I need to be committed to any one company to get the product I want, with a warranty and some Tech I can TALK to at ANY time like Gateway. I may me visitin' Tiger Direct in my greater ChicagoLand area today. I've always looked at them for their prices. I looked at Dell too, but I haven't seen a good price from them for just what I require. My Brother just bought a Dell. I went over to his house to check it out and decided to call Dell using his account, for a minor problem. In about 2 Hours I gave up trying to at LEAST talk to a human voice. It was Saturday between 9:00am - 10:30am. So what.
My company just bought me a Dell last week. It has the same amount of RAM (256 MB) as my almost 5 year old Pentium 3, from Gateway.
So... Anyways, any Ideas from Anyone on WHO's the Best?!
Rockin' Roy from Illinois

- Better is The Enemy, of Good Enough -
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 992 • Replies: 1
No top replies

rorwizard

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 07:35 pm
Well there is no one computer company that is "The best" so to say.... it all depends on what you like... dell makes good PC's they thend to be of good quality, user freindly, and they do have good support, long wait times is something you will run into with all computer manufacturers these days. I would sugjest looking in a PC magazine, I prefer PC world, that has reviews of the top value comptuers each month... they usually have the kind of stuff that your looking for, and they always have reviews of the manufacturers... heres a link to PC worlds top 15 Desktop PC's: http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,114156,00.asp Scroll down to the "Value PC" section, I think those are the kind of thing that your looking for. Good Luck
0 Replies