If I threw a rock in my neighborhood, someone would have told my mother before it landed

sozobe

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 08:08 am
Just read the title quote from Joe Nation, and reminded me of a thread I'd wanted to start when jcboy was talking about how small the St. Pete community is.

We live in one of those title communities now. I actually love it! I feel quite confident letting my 11-year-old run amok -- with her bike and her phone, she can go pretty much anywhere within the community on her own or with friends her own age.

I'm very grateful for that, and I know that sort of community is increasingly rare these days.

But I know there are some small-town drawbacks too. There is gossip, there is a lack of privacy, etc. (Overall I still love it.)

Thought I'd ask your opinions about living in a small community -- positives and negatives. Either from experience, or in the abstract.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,999 • Replies: 0
No top replies