Digital Cameras Comments?

Pitter

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 09:45 am
What kind of digital camera(s) do you have and how do you like it? I have two: an Olympus Stylus 300 3.2 megapixel and an Olympus C-750 4 megapixel.

Stylus 300 +s: it's a good small weather resistent camera
-s: the macro mode has given up the ghost

C-750 +s: 10x zoom, optional manual operation
-s: has lots of trouble focusing, flash range less than the
smaller 300
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,346 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Montana

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:07 pm
I have a Sony 6x zoom with MPEG Movie and I love it.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 12:56 am
Bought a cheap little one, don't remember the name. Anyways, it's a 3.1mp, can record movies w/o sound. Seems to be a pretty decent little camera.

One day I'll buy a digital video camera and start burning our movies to DVD. But that's a few years away yet.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 05:22 pm
I have a fuji Finepix 2600X.....It works great
for snapshots,
but has no where near the clarity that my EoS Canon 35mm provides......
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 05:28 pm
Sony, errrrrr, where is it?
ahh, Cybershot DSC-P51.
Love it. Easier to use than I could have imagined. Great for snapshots, and I've received quite a few compliments on some of the photographs I've taken with it as well.

That quick self-editing you can do with the digi-cam has really helped me take the photos I mean to take.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 05:57 pm
I have an Olympus D-520 2MP and it's OK. I don't like the delay when you press the "shutter" release. Almost impossible to photograph action because of this, plus, many people blink because of the noise just before the picture is taken.

I've also had problems with the memory card getting corrupted when the unit is disconnected from the USB port properly or improperly. It still works but you lose pictures and eventually have to format the card.

What I'd really like if I had the deep pockets would be the Nikon digital SLR that accepts Nikkor lenses designed for use with Nikon 35mm cameras. Buddy has one, with two 1GB memory cards. No shutter delay, awesome 6MB images. Expensive.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 07:31 am
I often find I want to crop down for that bug or distant bird. Those big megapixel cameras are looking better and better to me (but alass not my bank account).
0 Replies