Coming Out Quietly

Lash

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 06:14 pm
@jcboy,
My daughter actually texted me about this today. Didn't he do this in the 70s??? LOL. Wasn't there ANY news today?

0 Replies

Ragman

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 07:01 pm
@jcboy,
Seems to me that there was never a doubt. No matter though, the music still sucks, IMHO.
ehBeth

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 07:06 pm
It pisses me off that they''re only going to be celebrating their third anniversary this year. 39 years together - that's a big deal.

Don't underestimate his talents, Ragman. He's a terrific composer and arranger. An amazing jingle writer - some are still in use close to 50 years after he wrote them. His style of music might not have been my first choice then - or now - but he's got great musical instincts. Anyone who has Bette Midler's respect, musically, definitely deserves consideration.
momoends

Fri 14 Apr, 2017 11:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
that would imply gay people have an easier and higher consideration in today´s society .... and clearly, they have not
0 Replies

momoends

Fri 14 Apr, 2017 11:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
i haven´t ... and i live in Spain... it could be because among lesbians that "kind way of rejection" is not common... I have never hear a lesbian claiming to be hetero to get rid of an unwanted suitor, they plaintly say "I´m not interested"... lucky you
0 Replies

momoends

Fri 14 Apr, 2017 11:23 pm
@Setanta,
proud: 2- having, proceeding form r showing a high opinionof one´s own dignity importance or superiority
3- having or showing self-respector self-steem...

so... claiming to be very proud of being homosexual is not non sequitur at all
0 Replies

momoends

Fri 14 Apr, 2017 11:52 pm
@ehBeth,
she acknowledged her partner from the very first moment, she took her hand in public, run errands together, went for a walk downtown as a couple.... that it´s not denying or hiding a relationship for me... she just didn´t expose her private life to the public organized a press conference to announce she had a relationship and who she had it with.... About breaking up after making the relationship public... how many celebrities publicly shows their new fiance and broke up with them shortly after.....
A celebrity that keeps her private life away from the media, that avoids talking about them and keeps a long lasting relationship with an anonimous person... has been percieved by the public in general and by the media in particular as a remarkable and laudable actitude... why is that very actitude seen as not giving the importance to a parnert if is a gay person we are talking about_
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 15 Apr, 2017 06:10 am
@Ragman,
He writes the songs that make the whole world barf.
He writes the songs, he writes the songs.
(barf)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 15 Apr, 2017 06:23 am
0 Replies

snood

Sat 15 Apr, 2017 06:45 am
I liked Mandy. Not much else.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sat 15 Apr, 2017 10:34 am
@ehBeth,
Though I agree with you on many areas (in fact, on most), I respectfully disagree here. I agree with you on his immense commercial success. Writing jingles that last, IMHO, has a dubious value as far as use of a musical talent

Might I add on more serious note, I support his coming out. I wonder why it's happening only now?
Lash

Sat 15 Apr, 2017 11:10 am
@Ragman,
Didn't he eventually have a big Vegas Show populated primarily with elderly women? That demographic might have fallen out of love with him if they knew he liked boys.

If I were him, I might've kept my sexuality to myself due to business reasons. I don't think public people owe bedroom particulars to the general public.
Ragman

Sat 15 Apr, 2017 11:22 am
@Lash,
I agree. Your point is well made re his aging ticket-buying public. I concur.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 15 Apr, 2017 11:31 am
I don't like everything he does, but I do like some of his songs.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Coming Out Quietly
  3. » Page 6
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 01:27:47