Coming Out Quietly

Rockhead

Wed 4 Jul, 2012 04:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
except where you wear it in that boulder sized chip on your shoulder...

0 Replies

engineer

Wed 4 Jul, 2012 05:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

engineer wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

Signing oneself up for membership in the victim class is hugely profitable.

If that were true, then we would expect straight people to pretend to be gay in order to take advantage of the huge profit opportunity, just like we have people who pretend to be war heroes. Instead, what we have is gay people pretending to be straight. Why do you think that is?

Bullshit....in spite of decades of advancement of the victim culture there are still a lot of people (most?) who have no desire to be a victim, or play one in spite of the profit to be had in doing so.

Sure, most people are honest, but we could certainly expect some people to fake victim status for an advantage, right? We see students faking ADD to get more time on exams, people faking handicaps to get preferred parking, etc. While you might be an upstanding citizen, we know others aren't, so why aren't people faking being gay if it is such an advantage in the victim culture? Why are all those people who are entitled to claim the title in the closet if it is such an advantage? Do you really think being gay is our society is any sort of advantage when it could cost you your job or even your life?
hawkeye10

Wed 4 Jul, 2012 05:54 pm
@engineer,
If you have not met a woman who claimed to be a homo but who was not then you have lived a very sheltered life. Hell...even Chai admitts to doing it.
DrewDad

Wed 4 Jul, 2012 06:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
I for instance am a verified victim of abuse, but you will never see me advertising it, and I refuse to encorporate "victim" into my identity.

Dude... you just did.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Wed 4 Jul, 2012 06:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

If you have not met a woman who claimed to be a homo but who was not then you have lived a very sheltered life. Hell...even Chai admitts to doing it.

That's your "proof?" Women use it to keep creeps away, so it's some sort of magic shield?

Holy ****; you're more of an idiot that I thought. (And I'm convinced you're a pretty big damn idiot.)
aspvenom

Wed 4 Jul, 2012 09:45 pm
@DrewDad,
Women could be doing it to keep creeps away, or maybe they are telling the truth.
In a freshmen psychology course, our last research paper was on the subject of transgenderism. And I came across a a large amount of research/ studies that was conducted either in the 80's or 90's that said women move about more in their sexual orientation than men.
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 5 Jul, 2012 12:29 pm
@DrewDad,
Me too. I think that's the appeal of the Parsons acknowledgment. His sexual orientation wasn't mentioned - just the name of his love interest. That seems to be a move toward normalcy. Have to say I'm very pleased about the shift toward decent treatment of gay peeps in recent years.

My next project: the fat and ugly!
0 Replies

jcboy

Thu 11 Oct, 2012 07:21 am
@sozobe,
Speaking of coming out, today is national coming out day,

I've always been one of those closeted Mo's, I guess I should come out today,

I'm gay Cool
Ragman

Thu 11 Oct, 2012 07:35 am
@jcboy,
I opened up all my closets in case I missed something.

But seriously, I just looked it up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Coming_Out_Day
jcboy

Thu 11 Oct, 2012 07:38 am
@Ragman,
Closets are for clothes, oh and shoes too, lots of shoes Cool
Ragman

Thu 11 Oct, 2012 07:46 am
@jcboy,
...yeah...but in this climate my shoes collect dust. Here the weather makes you wear sandals.
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Thu 11 Oct, 2012 10:07 am
@jcboy,
The way you swish when you walk is a dead giveaway Smile
jcboy

Thu 11 Oct, 2012 10:40 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
You have no room to talk, in fact the minute you open your mouth your purse falls out all over the floor! Cool
InfraBlue

Thu 11 Oct, 2012 12:49 pm
@jcboy,
That one deserves an around-the-world-and-back-snap!

MMarciano

Thu 11 Oct, 2012 08:09 pm
@InfraBlue,
That was good! I wish those two would just kiss and make up, their best friends, you should see them in person Rolling Eyes Drunk
0 Replies

Eva

Thu 11 Oct, 2012 08:30 pm
@InfraBlue,
"Men On Film"! My favorite!!!
Laughing Cool Laughing Cool Laughing
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Thu 11 Oct, 2012 08:45 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
I consider this progress.

The progress is reaching a tipping point.
0 Replies

jcboy

Fri 12 Oct, 2012 05:38 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
I need hair gel that actually WORKS. I'm tired of weak gel that holds for a little while, then collapses. I want gay spiky hair in the front. Any suggestions? Razz
Ragman

Fri 12 Oct, 2012 06:51 am
@jcboy,
Ever see 'Something About Mary'?
jcboy

Fri 12 Oct, 2012 06:53 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Ever see 'Something About Mary'?

LOL good one! Razz
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Coming Out Quietly
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 03:39:30