American military program VS Switzerland's military program?

aspvenom

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 05:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
T.O. there

Just because the Switzerland army doesn't demonstrate it's prowess by not partaking in war doesn't mean it's weak as a tooth pick.
Switzerland is one of the most heavily armed nations.
The reason it has kept itself out war is because of its military prowess and political genius moves.

Switzerland military reminds me of the Israel military (power-wise) without the offensive desire/ projection of power. But still it's a beast to reckon with.
Val Killmore

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 11:32 am
@space007,
With China's new missile technolgy and programs, China ties with America, in power.

Hypotehtically, if China was to wage war on America (and America's allies doesn't intervene), we'll be crippled to the extent that full recovery to current dominance will be almost neutralized.
0 Replies

Val Killmore

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 11:45 am
@aspvenom,
But Israel has nuclear bombs, Sweden doesn't.
Then again, if some one was to paint a target at the Swiss, from fear of the fall out, the whole of Europe will interwene.
Val Killmore

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 12:16 pm
@Val Killmore,
How American of me!

I meant Swiss, not Sweden, in the first sentence.

As in:
Quote:
But Israel has nuclear bombs, Swiss doesn't.
roger

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 02:03 pm
@Val Killmore,
I know how that goes. I'm still finding koala bears in Austria.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 02:35 pm
@Val Killmore,
It could have been worse, you could have said Swaziland.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 02:48 pm
We started off right.

Quote:
Then, in 1792, a Congress that included 17 framers passed a law requiring nearly every "free able-bodied white male citizen" age 18 to 44, within six months, "provide himself with a good musket or firelock, a sufficient bayonet and belt, two spare flints, and a knapsack, a pouch with a box therein to contain not less than twenty-four cartridges," along with balls and gunpowder. A rifle could be substituted. The purpose was to establish a uniform militia
http://www.politifact.com/rhode-island/statements/2012/jan/13/einer-elhauge/harvard-law-professor-says-early-congress-mandated/

Sometime later America switched to a professional force, though it was occasionally bolstered by conscription (In New York City, especially by Irishmen fresh off the boats in time to fight in the War Between the States)

Joe(bastids)Nation

I apologize for using the term "War Between the States" it should be "The War Amongst the States" but it's a moniker made up by ignorant Southerners who lost the Civil War.
roger

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 06:05 pm
@Joe Nation,
I believe you are referring to The War of Yankee Agression.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 03:01 am
The amount of bullshit which has now been posted in this thread rivals the production of a Kansas feed lot.
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 08:42 am
@Setanta,
We only do it in the hopes that you will straighten us out, Uncle.

Joe(We're bad. We need straightening)Nation
0 Replies