My truculence

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 12:31 pm
To

EDIT: MODERATOR: LINK REMOVED

Sirs:

You didn't reply to my queries, perhaps owing to software problems with which forums of this sort are plagued

Evidently I've been banned forever which seems pretty harsh in light of my dismissal from other forums of this sort, applied for only days or weeks (though occasionally a few years). But even murderers are paroled

I simply can't believe it was prompted by hurt feelings on the part of overly sensitive Site Administrators

Nonetheless thank you for the fun I've had at Philosophy Forum. But I am not really such a bad person. For instance I’m only joshing OpEd Steve Williams at Victorville, Ca Daily Press/Press Dispatch when I complain that its editing software continues a front-page story in the middle of a sentence

At least however could you provide a link to the specific post which prompted my dismissal so that in the future I might avoided wording which might place my membership in jeopardy. Indeed the banishment might have been attributable not to my belligerence but the sort of gratis software emendation of which I was not even aware

Indeed if aerospace programmers were as incompetent as those in the Private Sector we would have ben wiped out in a nuclear war owing to gratis changes in communications between world leaders

Thank you for your attention to my puzzlement

Dale Hileman
Also with thanks to a2k for your remarkable tolerance of my truculence
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,400 • Replies: 6

dalehileman

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 12:53 pm
@dalehileman,
….and forgive me PF programmer guys, but as another instance of incompetent software if I’m banned forever why do you continue sending me New Posts at the Philosophy Forums

You’re teasing me aren’t you

EDIT: MODERATOR: LINK REMOVED
dalehileman

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 01:09 pm
@dalehileman,
Oh but returning to you a2k guys: As much as I enjoy doing this sort of thing, couldn’t you provide just a little longer than 15 minutes to edit a post

Say three hours or even a few days, like many other forums of this excellent quality

Failing that for reasons of distrust of certain participants, how about extending such to just me only. I am very reliable and promise not to offend other participants by the late edit

….though I can’t guarantee any diminishment of truculence, I can’t help it

Oh and there’s that business about being unable to scroll in a post edit……

Sorry fellas just couldn’t resist. I know how hard it is to alter purchased software
roger

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 08:33 pm
@dalehileman,
NO. FIFTEEN MINUTES IS ALL YOU GET. FOREVER

Love ya Dale, but this one gets old.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 10:44 am
@roger,
Quote:
but this one gets old
Forgive me Roger but I’d hope by occasional repetition to gain new recruits

Curious why links removed
roger

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 11:13 am
@dalehileman,
Well, go your own way, but new recruits are not what you are gaining.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 12:44 pm
@roger,
Alas evidently not

But Roger are you Admin and if so can you guess why the links were deleted

Thanks
0 Replies