causes leading to fire are-
I. OPEN FLAMES
i. Improper use of candle.
ii. Matches and cigarettes that are improperly disposed of.
I. Short or overloaded circuits.
II. Loose electrical connections.
III. ELECTRICAL FIRE SAFETY Tip.
i. Do not use electrical equipments that is in poor repair or has a damaged chord.
ii. Do not overload circuits or extension chords .
iii. Keep electrical heating appliances at a safe distance from combustibles.
i. deep frying in pots or pans on stove tops
ii. unattended cooking appliances
iii. combustibles located dangerously close to cooking equipment
• KITCHEN FIRE SAFETY TIPS
i. Keep all combustible materials, such as paper towels and cloths, at a safe distance.
ii. Avoid deep fat frying. If you typically deep-fry your food, use a thermostat controlled appliance, and never leave it unattended
iii. Toasters and microwave ovens should not be located in general office areas. It is preferable that these appliances be placed in kitchen areas only.
iv. In order to avoid cooking hazards, many offices have mini-kitchens where staff may prepare their own food.