Attention! Our beloved Ceili has been robbed!

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 09:28 pm
I think I once made dys' point in some other thread. This time I joined the jest.

I don't mean what I chose, that a thief, when so proven, be marked in a permanent way. I don't agree it shouldn't be joked about at all in this case. But I don't mind being reminded how close that joking can be to violence.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 09:29 pm
Oh my, I really have caused a kerfuffle...

I agree with Dys, I don't like the whole vigilante angle. I would never do all the heinous things I dream of doing, ever... but I know the jerks are not first time offenders. This was fairly well planned out and I know the perps were not from the neighbourhood. The police though, at least in this city are all about revenue earning. They give out more tickets, speeding, red light infractions, ect. than any other city, per pop., in north america. I know this because I've seen the stats.
They have come out and admitted that car theft and fraud are on the lower end of investigations, priority wise. This sucks, because I'm a victim of both and will continue to be as long as the creeps have my info.
My car is in the top 5 cars stolen in this city. This reeks of organized crime. It is not as important as cops giving tickets though, and this is why I dream of vengence.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 10:11 pm
Dreams are good, even if we know some of them can't, and shouldn't, come true. As long as we recognize which ones those are, I figure its perfectly cool to go ahead and enjoy them for what they are. Sometimes, for a while, they're the best we've got. Sometimes life sucks, and finding something to have a guilty giggle about can help a lot.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 10:22 pm
I stand by my suggestion for punishment.

While I agree with Dys that we need to pause and remember the need for law enforcement instead of vigilantism, I also think that sometimes, it is healthy to vent our feelings in an exaggerated way, never in any way intending to act on our words.

So, in the words of Johnny Dangerously, those farging bastages need to be taught a lesson!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:08 pm
Ceili! You didn't cause nothin'!

The holiday thing really sucks. I hope you will be able to accomplish some stuff tomorrow. (Did you know most things are closed here today, too? President's Day.)
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:25 pm
Sozobe is right, of course. Sad I authored this thread. Embarrassed I am sorry if I've caused you any embarrassment or discomfort. I had hoped to cheer you up a little. I sincerely hope things improve for you tomorrow.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:31 pm
Perhaps it is best to side with the thieves on this particular issue. I say that because I fear Ceili may find them before the police do.

Assuming that happens, I shudder at the consequences -- the wrath of Ceili would be swift and, to say the least, unpleasant to a degree never experienced by the thieves.

If and when the police do find the culprits, it will be after their "session" with Ceili.

I imagine the result would be something like this...

http://www.tuttobene.ch/scotland/images/torture.gif
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:56 pm
All of the above and more hugs going your way Ceili.

LOL Gus!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 12:07 am
Bill darlin, you didn't cause me any embarrassment. I love that you did this for me. It was sweet. It's not everyday someone calls me 'beloved'. Smile

I really do appreciate all the kinds words and sentiments, not to mention the hugs. It's been a shitty day, but all things considered...I'm still above ground. You all have made this a much better day because of your concern. Thank-you.

Gus, I have been known to be a terror. I hope you don't have nightmares of my terrible wrath. With all your women troubles, I hate to be the straw that broke your back.... :wink:
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 06:57 am
C'mon guys, LIGHTEN UP!!!!!

When things like this happen, you gotta laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Thanks for giving us the chance to do that, Bill.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 03:29 pm
We have had two cars stolen. One a pacer. Our agent ( who was a friend) told my husband. Sorry, man. We found your car. Smile

The other was a used cadillac, and when the police recovered it, the family pet was still in the back seat. The law knew who the culprit, or culprits were, but were sorta asking that we not press charges, sooooooo
we let it go.

I didn't vote, cause I knew it was not intended to be serious.

Hey, ceili, I'm truly sorry about what happened. Let the insurance take care of your loss, and let the law do their thing. Then if that doesn't work, call Charles Bronson. Just a little levity on my part.

Diane may love 'ya, dys, but remember:

"I don't love you because together we are one...
I love you because together we are two...."

Sentiment on a card sent to my daughter.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 01:50 pm
I agree with what Dys was saying... but this thread was just a little tribute, if you will, to Ceili. I think that what they did was awful Sad, and if I were to choose a punishment, I would have Eva write 'My last ride was a six-year-old' and put those callous fools in the ring with hundreds of members of 'Kickboxing Parents against Sodomy;' the Saudi Arabian branch.

0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 02:01 pm
ignoring the sanctimonious thoughts toward vigilantiism (spelling?) in my head....

1-Tattoo THIEF on every inch of their bodies.

1-Cut off their fingers down to the 2nd joint so that the fingers will heal, but not be able to pick anything up.

My heart goes out ceili. We had our car stolen over a wkend that was my husbands birthday. What a present right?

If the legal system fails you in this, I've got 3 big burly uncles if you want to borrow them for a posse to hunt these bastards down ;-)
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 02:03 pm
Good on you, Onyx!

I remember thieves stole the one thing that my uncle cherished on Valentine's day; the ring with which he wanted to be buried.

0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 03:38 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
I would have Eva write 'My last ride was a six-year-old' and put those callous fools in the ring with hundreds of members of 'Kickboxing Parents against Sodomy;' the Saudi Arabian branch.
Damn! Why didn't I think of, and list that as a option? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 10:55 pm
Good idea, drom!
I'd better go file down another knitting needle.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 11:59 pm
Ceili
Ceili

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/BDX/BDX193/bxp35712.jpg
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 03:16 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
I would have Eva write 'My last ride was a six-year-old' and put those callous fools in the ring with hundreds of members of 'Kickboxing Parents against Sodomy;' the Saudi Arabian branch.
Damn! Why didn't I think of, and list that as a option? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Without your options, Occom, I wouldn't have thought about it (maybe.) So we bow down equally to you.

I look forward to seeing your handiwork, Eva! Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 11:32 am
I had a particular design in mind, but I can't seem to find any photos online to show you.

Did you know you can find lots of pictures of FEMALE genital tattoos...but not MALE??? I wonder why that is.....Wink
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 12:53 pm
That's terrible hypocrisy.

I suggest we start the Eva-Occom-Drom House of Torture, with plenty of pictures of these jackasses to even the number of... those things Wink

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 08:32:06