No one every considers this...

chai2

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 07:55 am
So the Highlander movie is on in the other room, and 2 immortals are going at it.
There're in some parking garage, doing some major damage to any number of vehicles.

No one thinks about how in an hour and a half some guy is leaving the office to go home, and comes upon his messed up car.

"Oh great. Highlanders again. Third time this year. My insurance is gonna get cancelled for sure."

Setanta

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 08:16 am
Not to mention gettin' pulled over on the way home . . .
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 08:36 am
If I owned a restaurant, I'd refuse to serve Highlanders.

Sorry, I never know what to expect when you guys show up. Steam tables ain't cheap you know.

I'd let them do curbside takeout though.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 09:26 am
@chai2,
Isn't that restaurant policy deicist? I bet you want to return to the days where demigods and gods and humans haves separate waterfountains! Mad

And if you were wise you'd have signed up for the FEMA: The National Highlander Insurance Program already. www.fema.gov/.../highlanderplain/index
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 10:27 am
Marvel Comics had an interesting take on the aftermath of superhero/villain fights

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/30/Damage_Control_1.png

Damage Control is a fictional construction company appearing in Marvel Comics, which specializes in repairing the property damage caused by conflicts between superheroes and supervillains. Four Damage Control limited series have been published to date.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damage_Control_%28comics%29
chai2

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 12:37 pm
@djjd62,
Cool!

That's like owning one of those business where you clean up a house after someone get's murdered in it.

sort of
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 12:53 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
So the Highlander movie is on in the other room, and 2 immortals are going at it.
There're in some parking garage, doing some major damage to any number of vehicles.

No one thinks about how in an hour and a half some guy is leaving the office to go home, and comes upon his messed up car.

"Oh great. Highlanders again. Third time this year. My insurance is gonna get cancelled for sure."
Maybe if u get a priest
to SANCTIFY the parking lot . . .
engineer

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 04:54 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
That is just brilliant! Plus think of the business when the Highlander convention comes to town.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 06:55 pm
****. Show you how much outta the loop I am.

I don't even know who these Highlanders are. I thought you were talking about the Scots when I saw the thread title. The Black Watch maybe.

Man, I'mout of it.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 07:27 pm
@chai2,
"Why does the sun come up? Or are the stars just pin holes in the curtain of night, who knows?" (Sean Connery as Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez, Highlander, 1986)

That to me means the immortals can do as they please, lopping off heads left and right for the ''privilege'' of extending their immortatltiy. If someone has to pay higher car insurance rates that's their tough luck. How can I say this? I don't drive. so I ain't gonna be paying higher premiums or worrying about cancellation of the policy. Very Happy
chai2

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 07:30 pm
@Sturgis,
oh the humanities!
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 07:34 pm
Personally, I use Rent-A-Kurgan.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 08:21 pm
@George,
We used to have a privately-owned car rental agency (non-franchise) which was actually named Rent-a-Wreck. I believe the operation is still in existence but some years ago they changed their name to enhance their public image.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 27 May, 2012 06:15 pm
I'm confident the Toyota corporation could be persuaded to underwrite all the wreckage if presented as part of an ad campaign. Think of it...Sean Connery behind the wheel of a Highlander...after having demolished the competition, of course. Cool
chai2

Reply Sun 27 May, 2012 06:59 pm
@Eva,
wow.
that's actually an amazing idea.
Eva

Reply Sun 27 May, 2012 08:47 pm
@chai2,
I'm actually surprised it hasn't already been done.
chai2

Reply Mon 28 May, 2012 08:38 am
@Eva,

As wally says when I point something out...

"you send that in you get money"
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » No one every considers this...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 06:34:38