The reason why China may become a superpower, but not an advanced country

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 01:26 am

Four South Korean activists have been detained in China since March on suspicion of spying after they interviewed North Korean refugees living in hiding. South Korea's foreign ministry confired the four were arrested in Dalian on charges of 'endangering state security.'

The four activists merely supported the devastated North Korean refugees with food and shelter. However, China charged the activists with 'endangering state security,' and treated them as criminals.

It's ironic that China is siding with North Korea that is driving its people to the extent of leaving them with no option, but to run away, while applying the charge of 'endangering state security' to those who are providing food and shelter to the poor souls.

This is the basic reason why China may become a superpower, but not an advanced country.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,646 • Replies: 2
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 01:31 am
@blackrose cv,
I have been saying since 1984 that China will be the next superpower, and I still think that I have been correct, But this shows how bankrupt our civilization has become. Say what you will about the Soviets, they never were as corrupt nor as caviler with the safety of their citizens as the Chinese are, and we Americans performed far better than both.
0 Replies

Frankwall

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 01:50 am
I agree - its a bit of a disgrace to be honest. They will become a superpower but in the future, I feel drastic reforms are going to be necessary or else serious problems lie ahead.
0 Replies