Dear Right Wing Religious

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 03:08 pm
The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

RABEL222

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 01:20 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
This will go over the heads of the conservatives on this site. The most important thing in their lives is making money even if they have to screw their grandmothers out of her life savings. The bible dosent refer to the making of money only to gays, and people of lessor races. They forget that Christ drove the money lenders (bankers) from the temple.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 12:25 pm
@RABEL222,
So in your opinion any and all Christians that claims Christ should give up their possessions and live with the poor?
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 12:46 pm
@Baldimo,
Yes.
Yes, Baldimo, if they wish to follow Christ, that's exactly what they must do.

Joe(now)Nation
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 01:00 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
This will go over the heads of the conservatives on this site. The most important thing in their lives is making money even if they have to screw their grandmothers out of her life savings.

Oh, yeah ... I'd forgotten how much of a dumbass you were.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 01:19 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
So in your opinion any and all Christians that claims Christ should give up their possessions and live with the poor?

It's not blueveinedthrobber's opinion, it's Jesus's opinion, so take it up with Jesus. If you think Jesus is full of **** --- a defensible position --- you may want to stop referring to yourself as a Christian. (On second thought, I don't know if you consider yourself a Christian in the first place. Do you?)
ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 01:43 pm
@Baldimo,
It's not an opinion piece* - it's the Bible.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/matthew/25-33-compare.html

* unless you consider the Bible an opinion piece
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 12:23 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

This will go over the heads of the conservatives on this site. The most important thing in their lives is making money even if they have to screw their grandmothers out of her life savings. The bible dosent refer to the making of money only to gays, and people of lessor races. They forget that Christ drove the money lenders (bankers) from the temple.

Jesus drove the "money changers" from the temple. They were the Levites who were basically making a little extra cash, since their job in the temple was building maintenance. Money changing is not the same as money lending. There were many different currencies in those days.

http://www.compassionatespirit.com/JR-Hyland.htm
RABEL222

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 12:36 pm
@Foofie,
How about the ones that were selling doves and sheep for sacrifice in the temple? He also drove the business men out who were profaining Gods house.
Foofie

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 12:39 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

How about the ones that were selling doves and sheep for sacrifice in the temple? He also drove the business men out who were profaining Gods house.

What is your point?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 01:26 pm
which is the real reason Jesus was crucified.... ******* with the bottom line, a procedure that was old, tried and true long before even his time.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 01:27 pm
@Thomas,
I am not a Christian. God loving yes, Jesus not so much. The whole rising from the dead thing doesn't jive with me.

From what I know most people strive to live as Jesus did, but they fall short. I think that is why they are Christians. Sure some of them are warped but most mean well. Those that use religion as part of their politics bothers me. I can see using religion to try and be a good person but don't use it to control others.

Most Christians I know are good people. They give to charity and help others when possible. They see a difference between govt helping and private groups helping. The bible passage listed address's the same thing. It is Jesus talking to the people about how they did things in their personal lives. He isn't separating the govt and the people and chastising the govt. He is chastising people for not doing the right thing personally. Instead of taking someone into their home, they turned their back. This isn't saying because you didn't pay more taxes and help the poor with govt programs you are bad and not worthy of my grace.

This is a cheap attempt to paint religious people as hypocrite's or un-Christian like because they don't believe in the govt programs. The Bible also said "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for life."
Setanta

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 01:30 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
The Bible also said "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for life."

Uhm, excuse me, that's bullshit. That's attributed to Lao Tzu, and is at least an ancient Chinese proverb. It just cracks me up when people start attributing anything they think wise to the bobble.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 01:51 pm
build a man a fire and he'll be warm for one night. set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 02:14 pm
@Setanta,
See I'm not a Christian. Hence the reason I don't use scripture to debate. Thought I would be smart, guess that didn't work out so well. Its still a good saying that rings true.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 02:39 pm
@Setanta,
Meanwhile Christ gave men fish rather than teaching them to fish.

John 6:1-13
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 03:45 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

This will go over the heads of the conservatives on this site. The most important thing in their lives is making money even if they have to screw their grandmothers out of her life savings.

Did you really mean that about the conservatives on this sight? Or were you referring to all conservatives? Or conservatives in power? Or just certain conservatives you're thinking of?

Quote:
The bible dosent refer to the making of money only to gays, and people of lessor races.

I'll admit I'm rusty on my biblifyin' ... but the bible has to mention making money at some point. I know it refers to gays (who doesn't?). I don't remember the bible ever taking time to delineate human worth to the point of lesser races. It seemed more like a lesser people kind of thing.

Quote:
They forget that Christ drove the money lenders (bankers) from the temple.

I think the guy who wrote the bible forgot that too.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 05:04 pm
@thack45,
Quote:

I'll admit I'm rusty on my biblifyin' ... but the bible has to mention making money at some point. I know it refers to gays (who doesn't?). I don't remember the bible ever taking time to delineate human worth to the point of lesser races. It seemed more like a lesser people kind of thing.

Matthew 19:24 Mark 10:25
Yes, I tell you again, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needele than for someone rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.
But I admit that one can find proof of their beliefs in the bible no matter how stupid they are.
thack45

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 05:15 pm
@RABEL222,
well I certainly can't argue with you there
0 Replies