• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,250 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Matrix500

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 11:53 pm
Wow, littlek...
That's scary! Wonder how many people out there will love their cats more than their cigarettes...
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 06:34 am
Hello cyber-sister! Mr. Green

The article you posted is absolutely true. Whether it's adults, children or pets, the effects of secondary smoke are damaging.

I guess this is just another example of the age-long conflict of "personal rights vs social responsibility"
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 08:36 am
Makes sense to me k. I know Bean (my dog) just hates second hand smoke (Carlotta the cat) does not seem to notice. But have to wonder about my cat Chu Chu she lived 23 years and was in a house hold with more than one person that smoked.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 08:39 am
Hey bro! Good to see you again!

Matrix, there's another thread on here saying that a test population in europe would rather give up sex for a month than ciggs....

JD - Bootsie actually likes second hand smoke. Crazy dog. But, my cat also seems not to be phased. Lucky chu chu!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 08:43 am
She was a great cat actually I was thinking about her last night before I fell asleep. She died in 1992 after a long, lazy, and very mousey life.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 08:49 am
Again I say, lucky cat!

My two pets are looking out the window in my bedroom at a squirrel who is burrowing under some leaves for nuts. There's a bulkhead under the window sill, so he's right on the otherside of the glass.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 10:29 am
Do they make that funny noise. All my cats, past and present, have made this funny noise when they see a bird or a squirrel outside. Kind of a clucking semi growling sound, not loud, but loud enough they could never catch a thing.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 11:53 am
I know the noise, my cat's sister used to make it, but Screech doesn't.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 03:31 pm
And they chatter their teeth while they make it, right? LOVE that sound!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 05:17 pm
Yes that is it, I love it too but not very cunning for a predator cat. They must not do it outside or there would never be those feathers or in Virginia my cats used to bring me these awful presents. Little mouse/mole things with their poor heads offed.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 09:20 am
BigDice used to smoke in the kitchen because that was the only room where we could close the door. He stopped smoking in the appartment when we got the cats. So now he goes downstairs and stands on the street and smokes. That's what I call considerate!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 09:25 am
What a guy!
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 09:47 am
Anyways, I gotta go outside to have a smoke,like my wife said, which is good for my wife, the cats, and the appartment, I think. The only problem is the season at hand... hate the winter for a thousand reasons, going outside for coffin-nails is a minor thing though!

urs53, Mysan and nisse don't really approve of my breath when I get back in, but a mint, or a cup o'coffee changes that one fairly quick...

How about that other thing that cats and horses have in common; when the smell something that they really enjoy, something that only they can smell, they make this funny face, opening their mouth a little, and look really stoopid... They use this sensor in their nose, and do this action, to both I don't know they're called in english, do you know what I'm talking about? Me neither, really, but take a close look at your cat when she makes a funny face!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 09:50 am
cats make that face went they smell the scent of another cat, so I think. Their tongues are aaaaalmost sticking out? Speaking of tongues sticking out, do your cats' tongues ever just hang out. Like, the cat will just be sitting there looking at you and a little arc of pink tongue is just sitting there in plain sight?
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 09:59 am
My first cat in Sweden used to do that when she was a kitten, hilarious!!! The other expression is always cracking us up... We've yet to see the little pink arch!

Does your cat also get a pink nose, I mean really pink, when it's excited? Our cats has got normal lightpink noses when calm, but when they chase each other they turn pink! Very sympathetic, I think!

I love the editing button!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 10:01 am
My cat has a black nose - it's always the same color black. But, his sister had a pink nose and I think it may have changed color..... wish I could remember.
0 Replies