10
   

WHY BLACKS ARE HATED THE MOST?

 
 
trying2learn
 
  2  
Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 05:56 am
@djjd62,
yes I wrote that and they means people
trying2learn
 
  2  
Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 05:59 am
@Setanta,
Really? I am a liar? That is a new low for you because in my world, being a liar is not accepted. Try and work on the challenge and remember, no cheating.
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 06:09 am
Here we go 'round the mulberry bush...
0 Replies
 
djjd62
 
  2  
Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 06:27 am
@trying2learn,
so you weren't talking about your experience you were generalizing about many people

myself, i learned my racism (kill whitey) on the street corner and in the schoolyard, where all good things are learned (like sex information, did you know you can make a girl pregnant if you kiss her and stick your tongue in her mouth, swear to god, i heard my older brother saying it, and he's almost a teenager, so he knows these things)

0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 06:35 am
@trying2learn,
I'm not playing your idiot games, and i'm certainly not entering your world of delusion. You said:

Quote:
It is the media that makes it a race issue! Are people racist in the U.S.? Yes, because imo they believe what the media reports.


You wrote it, you own it, but you are too immature to admit it. Grow up.
Lustig Andrei
 
  2  
Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 10:15 am
@trying2learn,
I believe your experience is somewhat unique, trying. As Setanta has already said, most people do learn their prejudices,including racism and other types of xenophobia, at their elders' knees. It is a culturally-generated manifestation of gross ignorance. We, somehow, all tend to distrust and dislike people who are somehow "different from us" -- different religion, different language, different skin tone. Our parents and elders somehow let us know that this is "unacceptable," that we are the superior people. As that song from South Pacific says, "You've got to be carefully taught."

The media --television, newspapers, etc, -- merely report what is going on in the world. It doesn't cause what's going on. You say you learned about racism and other forms of prejudice from the media. As I said, if so your experience is probably somewhat unique.
chai2
 
  0  
Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 11:46 am
@Lustig Andrei,
"somewhat" unique?

That's like being a "little" pregnant.

parados
 
  2  
Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 12:38 pm
@noblacksplease,
Quote:
Pants hanging down to knees


http://www.exploration-online.co.uk/imgs/hometownrulesbermuda_farahmohammed_march2012_3.jpg
0 Replies
 
JTT
 
  2  
Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 02:28 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
"somewhat" unique?


Quote:
As for unique, we find more unique meaning "more nearly unique", but the adjective has acquired the sense, "exceptional, unusual", which quite readily accepts degree modification.

The Cambridge Grammar of the English Language, page 532


Quote:
That's like being a "little" pregnant.


She's two months pregnant.

0 Replies
 
trying2learn
 
  2  
Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 12:31 pm
@Setanta,
I am not playing games. Yes I wrote what you quoted me, I own it and admit it and stand behind what I wrote. You wrote that I don't admit it?? Admit what?
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 12:45 pm
@djjd62,
Here, i'll let dj handle this one . . .

djjd62 wrote:
trying2learn wrote:
I never claimed the newspaper or tv was the cause of racism! All I wrote was how I learned about it so please don't assume I am blaming anyone or anything.


no, you wrote this

trying2learn wrote:
It is the media that makes it a race issue! Are people racist in the U.S.? Yes, because imo they believe what the media reports.


how did you become they, multiple personalities?
trying2learn
 
  2  
Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 12:50 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
I believe your experience is somewhat unique, trying. As Setanta has already said, most people do learn their prejudices,including racism and other types of xenophobia, at their elders' knees. It is a culturally-generated manifestation of gross ignorance. We, somehow, all tend to distrust and dislike people who are somehow "different from us" -- different religion, different language, different skin tone. Our parents and elders somehow let us know that this is "unacceptable," that we are the superior people. As that song from South Pacific says, "You've got to be carefully taught."

The media --television, newspapers, etc, -- merely report what is going on in the world. It doesn't cause what's going on. You say you learned about racism and other forms of prejudice from the media. As I said, if so your experience is probably somewhat unique.
Okay if most people learn racism from their elders, then I guess that is the norm. My parents never said a bad word to me as I was growing up about people who were different. I agree that the media doesn't cause racism, but when they constantly make race an issue, I do wonder what their objective is about.
djjd62
 
  2  
Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 12:54 pm
@trying2learn,
who in their right mind pays any attention to the media

the very fact that the media reports the weather means they can't be trusted
0 Replies
 
trying2learn
 
  2  
Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 01:01 pm
@Setanta,
I already answered who they are, it is people who believe what the media reports. I have spoken to many people that believe if they media reports something it must be true.

I learned early on not to believe the media when they reported about an incident involving my family and it was mostly lies. I knew for a fact they lied because I was there. I can't go into details. The reporter made up so called facts that never happened. btw when that reporter was put on the spot about the so called facts, an apology was given except the damage was already done.
0 Replies
 
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 01:20 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

trying2learn wrote:

Excuse me? Why would you write such a thing?


I think you either need to reread what you wrote, or explain what you meant.


and she asks me why I would write such a thing.

All over the place.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 02:29 pm
Coherence is certainly not her strong suit.
trying2learn
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 09:26 pm
@Setanta,
and what is yours?
0 Replies
 
aidan
 
  2  
Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 11:09 pm
My experience must be somewhat unique as well, because I learned ABOUT racism (that it existed, what it was) at school. And no, I'm not saying that I learned TO BE RACIST at school - I'm saying that it was at school that I first learned that people of differing skin tones might be treated and thought of differently - either better or worse.
Until I learned about Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks and the civil rights movement, I had had no indication from my parents or any other adult I'd ever had contact with that this was true.
I can remember looking around at all the black children in the classroom with me at the time - who were my FRIENDS and who sat at the lunch table with me and feeling absolute disbelief that there were places in the world - in fact in the country in which I lived- that they would not be allowed to sit beside me and eat lunch or learn.
I couldn't fathom such a thing or believe it could be true.

I understand what you're saying trying2learn - that the media does in fact influence a person's perception of reality. If all one sees in the media is negative portrayals of a certain race, that contributes to one's perception of people of that race.
Luckily for me, I had black friends before I ever learned to read.
0 Replies
 
MrMix
 
  0  
Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 05:57 am
@noblacksplease,
And who introduced the Africans to work on the land because they were too lazy to do anything??? Answer: the dumb lazy ass WHITES!!! Lol
0 Replies
 
cmckean
 
  0  
Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 05:14 am
@noblacksplease,
Prisons are a white people thing. It's part of the superiority complex. Black people don't want those.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

2016 moving to #1 spot - Discussion by gungasnake
Black Lives Matter - Discussion by TheCobbler
Racism? - Question by The UPS Man
Is 'colored people' offensive? - Question by SMickey
Obama’s Black Skin Privilege - Discussion by coldjoint
Obama, a Joke - Discussion by coldjoint
The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie - Discussion by bobsal u1553115
The ECHR and muslims - Discussion by Arend
Atlanta Race Riot 1906 - Discussion by kobereal24
Quote of the Day - Discussion by Tabludama
 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/07/2020 at 04:34:35