I need a specific MP3 player. Any recommendations

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 04:46 pm
So I need an mp3 player for the following application. The mp3 player will be plugged into a telephone on hold system. The system must be powered at all timres (plugged into a wall socket) while at the same time being able to playback. There will be only 1 audio file on the mp3 player which will repeat indefinitely. Thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,813 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 04:50 pm
@cdougatz,
If it is going to be plugged in all the time, why bother with an MP3 player?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 05:14 pm
@cdougatz,
Basically you just need a cheap system that will play audio continuously.

I am familiar with Brightsign which makes a system that will loop video or audio. I think the current low end version is the Brightsign HD120. It's pricey, $250, but it will work for a long time and loops without any problems. You might be able to find a used one or an earlier version, the HD110, for less. It does a lot more than what you want, but it is reliable and has a large user base.

If you want to go cheaper, just google "media player". There are a lot of them that are under $50. Whether they will loop is another question.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 06:48 am
My $40 DVD player will play a list of mp3s, on a pen drive or burned on a disk, indefinitely. That list can have one or more entries.
0 Replies