Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 12:16 pm
When my wife was 13, she and her best friend walked to and from school every day. One day, there was some event going on after school my wife stayed back. That day, her best friend was raped and murdered in a nearby park while on her way home.
When she was 20, she took in her crack addicted older sister to help her get her life back together. In typical crackhead fashion, her sister ripped her off.
When the youngest son was 9, he suffered a sudden, debilitating and inexplicable attack to his nervous system. He was in pain, lost motor skills and stayed in ICU for a week. While she was at the hospital visiting, she received a call from our daughter's school. Our daughter had fallen off of the monkey bars and broke her arm.
Dad died after lengthy chemotherapy.
Against all odds, my wife has taken care of her mother, raised the kids, continued to excel professionally and even greets beggars on the street with a beaming smile.
She raised over $60,000 for Hurricane Katrina victims. She adopted a homeless family, convincing the fire department, Target Stores, Ralph's Supermarkets and her employer to donate clothes, toiletries, toys and other useful items.
Yes, I'm bragging. We don't always get along. Sometimes she gets on my last nerve. We have had serious challenges. But she has been a soldier. A rock. She has a big heart. I celebrate her and all moms.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,701 • Replies: 1
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 08:23 pm
@nqyringmind,
You certainly got a keeper! Kudos to your wife!
0 Replies