can someone help me with my religious view?

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 10:35 am
I was raised catholic but ever since i turned 9 i dropped that and see it as one of the most horrible religions of all. (no disrespect) sometimes i feel like i amwrong to not show my children what other mothers show them through faith. but honstly i live life to the fullest following the basic rules of not stealing not lying (common sence) and the other 8 or 9 written .Any sugestions ={
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 828 • Replies: 7

Setanta

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 10:45 am
Yeah, you're doing fine, don't try to fix what ain't broke . . . let them grow up and make their own decisions.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 10:52 am
@michelle1818,
Yo have my unconditional respect and admiration, Michelle.
0 Replies

michelle1818

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 10:59 am
@michelle1818,
Ahhh thank you ! I believe i am doing the right thing . wich is to not put them in the wrong path since even i dont know what is correct. but i am so glad to hear this from someone else
nqyringmind

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 12:39 pm
@michelle1818,
Being right is good
Doing right is better
Living right is best!
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 01:55 pm
@michelle1818,
michelle1818 wrote:
i live life to the fullest following the basic rules of not stealing not lying (common sence) and the other 8 or 9 written .

That's all you need. Teaching your children a faith that you do not believe in is hypocritical and wrong. It sounds like you are doing just fine.
0 Replies

michelle1818

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 07:21 pm
@michelle1818,
I guess i am doing fine =D thank you
vikorr

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 03:43 pm
@michelle1818,
If I may suggest - I agree with what other others have said, but I also think it is quite educational for them to attend a few church services...so they have some understanding of what others do and experience there (and no, I'm not religious).

And as for following your own 'moral' code - that is great, but don't forget to consider how you are going to teach your children that (a lot of people who learn their morals from church, forget that children have to be taught - spoken to & shown - right from wrong, what respect is, what strength of purpose is, doing things with all your might...etc)
0 Replies