What's the last CD you bought & how would you rate it?

fluffhead237

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 01:55 pm
Portishead - PNYC

10/10
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 02:02 pm
Paint it Black - Rolling Stones (an old time fav)
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 12:51 pm
I vote Labour, but looking at the above posts I actually feel like a conservative.

Greatest CD buy's for me were Celine Dion, and Nat King Cole (with daughter Natalie).

Am I old or what?
0 Replies

cockney sparrer

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 03:30 pm
Kev -------- Celine Dion & NKC aren't my bag but you are only old after you've kicked the bucket & your headstone has been weathered thru several decades
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 04:38 pm
Arlo's Greatest Hits - Arlo Guthrie

Alice's Restaurant and Train called the City of New Orleans make it worthwhile, but I like most anything this man does.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 05:37 pm
Alice's Restaurant is pretty cool, but because of the repetitiveness and length....It can be annoying.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 05:56 pm
It can be whatever you make of it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 06:25 pm
I don't want a pickle
just want to ride on my motorcycle
I don't want to die
just want to ride on my motor cy
cle.

here's looking at you Edgar~~~sleep late and prosper.( currently listening to Hoyt Axton (My Griffin is Gone)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 06:35 pm
Joy the fishes in the deep blue sea, dys.
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 05:55 pm
Nickelback- Someday...
It's wonderful... Hell of a group.. I liked a couple of their songs on earlier album, and when they came out with Someday, I loved it right from the start. I bought the CD even though that was the only song on it I knew, it didn't take long to start diggin the rest of the album.
0 Replies

sweet majestic darkness

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 11:48 pm
Godsmack-Faceless I dig it!

HAHA I haven't hear Alice's Restaurant since I gave up my cassette tapes! I've seen the movie and had that cassette. I thought it was great!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 01:12 am
On my first visit to eastern Canada in 1997, I went to see the musical "Jolson" in Toronto. On a recent A2K chat, I mentioned seeing the play, and one of the responders said he knew about the play in Toronto, and directed me to some information on where I could purchase the CD of the original London cast. I purchased it, and listened to it on the day I received in the mail. It brought back some good memories, and the guy that played Jolson, Brian Conley, does a very good imitation of Jolson. It was a great show!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 06:19 am
I picked up a copy of "Raggadeath" (self-titled), about half of it is to my taste.

However, I have picked up some albums from the local library:

1. Greatest Hits, the Stranglers - recommended
2. Barenaked Ladies 'Maroon' - sort of the B-sides from 'Stunt'. Coupla good tracks, but nothing new.
3. Miles Davis, 'In a Silent Way' - way, way recommended.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 12:06 pm
Hi Mr Still, Still working on the Japanese/Chinese translation for you. Just goes to show that our generation of Americans are losing the cultural language skills of our parents.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 07:04 pm
Many thanks, I'm sure your ancestors took a while to get it all sorted out too!!
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 08:12 am
Pink's album Misundaztood and it was horrible! I liked the party song, but the rest were just garbage.
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 04:09 pm
I just bought Dizzee Rascal's debut CD called 'Boy in Da Corner, Tosca's latest release called 'Delhi9' and The Chemical Brothers 'Dig Your Own Hole.'

The Dizzee Rascal cd gets an 8/10. It's taking me a bit to get into it, but it's really startgin to grow on me. I just recently started getting into hip hop so it'll take a while to grow accustomed to the different styles. His produciton is class. His voice is unique and his lyrics are original. He's definately someone to look out for.

The Tosca recording gets a 9/10 so far. It's a double disc set of brand new material. I've only listened to the fisrt disc and every song is beatuiful. Incredible production, interesting structures, great moods. the beats are class with some really nice bass lines. I gave it 9 instead of 10 stars because the recording lacks melody and sometimes they take a long time for the songs to develop. Otherwise it's a flawless recording.

The Chemical Brothers recording gets a 5.5 or 6/10. I had a buddy tell me I wouldn't be disappointed with this album if I purchased it. He was wrong. Laughing I don't like the beats and the songs take too long to develop. They don't go anywhere. I don't hear anything real innovative with what they're doing either. There are maybe 3 songs off the cd that I return to. I skip the rest of them. Those three songs I do listen to help to make this album 6/10. Otherwise, it'd get a 3, because it is a great production if nothing else.
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 07:59 pm
Some may call me a music thief. I don't buy CDs new. They don't have what I want. I use music downloads with a mix of anything I happen to like, which is much better than music I can buy. I would like the original Manson collection. I have found so many things that cannot be found on albums through peer sharing. I love my mixed collection!!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 10:47 am
m. ward, "transfiguration of vincent." freakin' brilliant.
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 07:59 pm
"transfiguration of vincent." ? Give me a style on this one! The word brilliant makes me wonder if I'm missing something! I am a solid rock fan. Is this a recommend?
0 Replies