Internet "Favorites"/ Do You Save Them? Use Them?

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 01:25 pm
BTW, you can always save your favorites to use on a different computer. I´m on a hotel puter and just imported a couple thousand links to the favorites.

Just click file/import export

and from there you can export all your links or import them.

You can also do this with Outlook etc.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 01:37 pm
When I bought another computer a couple of years ago, I never bothered to move my favorites over. I just started from scratch, and kept on adding.

Weird thing, though. I have learned to neaten my favorites into categories. The older I get, the longer my "medical" category gets. I bet that I could probably break up that category into many different sections.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 05:36 am
Ha, this old thread got resurrected.

I also do the categories thing. And I've found that we don't look at too many links, overall. I surf a bit at work and save almost nothing, but I know what I'm looking for (CNN, the weather, our bank). Couple that with A2K stuff, our taxes and financials and maybe a few things, that's it.

So, er, how come we have something like 300 faves?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 11:30 am
Jes- It's funny. When I see something interesting, I add it to my favorites. I find that I rarely go back to look at them. One thing that I once had, that I thought was useful, but did not add it to my latest lists. I had one category, "films". In it I had the link to Blockbuster Online, IMDB, MRQE, and this art house in Manhattan whose name I can't remember.

The reason that I had the Manhattan theatre, was when I wanted to get a good flick at Blockbuster, I would check out their archives, to look for stuff that never comes to this part of the world. I would also check reviews at the other sites. With the tabbed browsing, it was very convenient.

Now what the hell was the name of that theatre?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 11:32 am
Holy Cow. I found it!!!!

http://www.angelikafilmcenter.com/newyork/default.asp
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 12:42 pm
I save links all the time.
Some I keep in my toolbar, under Blogs, Mags, News, Ref, Trav, and so on. Some I keep in my 'documents' in folders, such as Health, Food-general, F-recipes, F-restaurants, Landarch, Arch, Art, Finance, Eco, of course in alphabetical order. I do go back and look at them, particularly in architecture and in health, often recipes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 12:43 pm
Phoenix, that's my kind of theater...
0 Replies