Could you tell me how to learn chinese?

Rish

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 08:03 pm
I want to learn Chinese and I am a beginner.I studied it by myself and I found that it is too difficult to learn.Could you tell me how to learn chinese?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 3,573 • Replies: 14
No top replies

MandarinGarden org

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 08:07 pm
@Rish,
tep 1: Learn the Tones
Mandarin is a tonal language, which means if you say a word with the wrong tone or inflection, you can be misunderstood. There are four distinct tones. In Pinyin, tones are noted with numbers or tone marks, so pay attention to the marks as you read new words.
Step 2: Learn Basic Mandarin Phrases
You can easily learn a few basic phrases in Mandarin, like "Hello" and "Good-bye." Standard Mandarin has a short page of common phrases
Step 3: Writing Mandarin Characters
Mandarin's writing system consists of written symbols. There are two systems for writing Mandarin: traditional and simplified. Simplified characters are used mainly in China and Singapore, while Taiwan uses traditional writing. Beginners, however, usually start with lessons in Pinyin, which is Chinese written phonetically in the Latin alphabet.You'll learn more about writing in intermediate and advanced classes, but even a beginner should familiarize himself with Chinese characters.
0 Replies

Chris-Zhang

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 11:33 pm
@Rish,
HI, Rish, Where are you from? Can speak English fluently? I am a chinese girl, I can teach you chinese by skype and you should teach me English. is that ok for you? My skype ID:zhanglan0522
Ragman

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 03:05 am
@Chris-Zhang,
Perhaps you aren't aware of this but the datestamp of this original post is from 2 yrs ago. The person who authored this posting has been either inactive or left this forum for around 2 years. In the future you might want to check datestamp before replying.
Chris-Zhang

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 03:33 am
@Ragman,
OK , Thank you, I just want to make friends with foreign and commicate weach other.Who will help me?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 03:40 am
@Ragman,

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/Titles/t24543.gif

0 Replies

elenahao

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2014 10:59 pm
@Rish,
Hi Rish,
I am a Chinese girl.If you want to learn Chinese,I think I can help you a little.
Learn Chinese is easy than to learn English.My English is poor......
0 Replies

bless61752

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 09:41 am
@Rish,
I think you can start on learning how to use the pronunciation characters, and learn the meaning of words as an individual word..... b/c every word in Chinese has its particular meaning... it's like a word root in English ! except they do mean something when they stand along! so if you do know many characters, you can infer the combining meaning of a certain vocabulary ! Good luck! Smile

OR WATCH THE TV, IT HELPS A LOT !!!!
0 Replies

maksim

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 09:03 pm
@Rish,
Hi,I am a chinese, and my mandarin is good enough to help you learning english. you could help me learning english as return.
0 Replies

maksim

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 09:14 pm
@Rish,
my skype id is : maksimyann, if you want to language exchange with me, contact me. Hope to chat with you !
0 Replies

selectmytutor

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 06:45 am
@Rish,
Hi Rish,
Join some classes to learn Chinese.
0 Replies

lilizhang

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 11:31 am
@Rish,
i can help you ,i am chinese if youadd me
0 Replies

Irene344

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2016 01:17 am
@Rish,
I am a Chinese girl, I would like to teach you Chinese and improve my Enligsh at the same time , my skype name is iren344, if you are interested , pls add me .
0 Replies

selectmytutor

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 05:38 am
@Rish,
You should contact some native speakers through social websites and talk with them, chat with them. I think they can help you out for learning.
0 Replies

joannawood1245

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2017 04:21 am
@Rish,
may be u can make a Chinese friend, haha
0 Replies