What if Jesus Had Not Been Crucified, So There Was No Easter?

Fido

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 07:34 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

My mood has nothing to do with it. If you post bullshit, i'll call bullshit--get over it.
No one knows it all, and no one is completely ignorant... Education is a group effort in which any ones projection of perfection is detrimental to the process... Say what you think you know...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 09:14 am
I am far from being an expert, but, my readings concur with setanta's.
Fido

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 09:43 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I am far from being an expert, but, my readings concur with setanta's.
with greater knowledge comes greater responsibility... ;ts not a game of keep away.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 04:21 pm
@33export,
I wasn't expecting a kind of Spanish Inquisition...
Foofie

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 05:56 pm
@Kevinanderson,
To attempt to give my opinion of the possibiltiy of the thread's question (What if Jesus Had Not Been Crucified, So There Was No Easter?) having a credible response, I believe, the first question would be whether without "the Resurrection" would early Christianity have had enough panache to maintain its followers. Possibly yes, since it would have just given Jesus more time to develop his message. Plus, if Jesus was alive when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem in 60 AD, then Jesus might have gotten more followers with those surviving Jews effecting the early Diaspora. In effect, an older Jesus may have just changed Judaism to a different type of faith.

However, where would that leave Gentile pagans? So, the question might be whether there would be any impetus for Gentile pagans to adopt a monotheistic religion, if Jesus became part of the Diaspora in 60 AD, and settled in Minsk (for example)?

0 Replies

33export

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 08:20 pm
@maxdancona,
lol And look what happened. C'est la vie.
0 Replies

33export

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 02:31 pm
@33export,
A particularly memorable decision of Constantine's christian church's Court of inquisition was handed down
to Galileo. Wonder if Jesus would have approved.
0 Replies

miketacy

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 10:14 am
@Kevinanderson,
Hello I would like to say something to that question. They say that God,was and still is all powerful. He made the earth and everything that exist with the wave of his hand. He would have to be so advanced in knowledge that it is beyond our capibility to comprehend just how powerful he is.
Then we are to supposed to believe that someone so advanced is so premative that he would send his son down here to be executed for our sins? He waved his hand and made Adam and Eve, yet he made his son with a human mother. I quess his technology change through the years.
If Jesus was the son of God I don't think God is in any big hurry to send him back to us after what we did to him the first time. He was sent here to teach, not to die. And maybe if we didn't kill him the world would have been a better place than it is now. But he was a threat to the church and in those times that was no tollerated.
I believe the church uses the "He died for our sins" quote for a reason why he was killed. They display him on crosses through out the catholic churches like a trophy. If he was hung what do you think they would have on the wall. A cross is a means of torture and execution and yet a religion that preeches love and though shall not kill use it has a religious symbal. God did not make religion man did.
I hope there is a God and I get to meet him one day. I will apologize for the church for killing his son. Because they sure won't.
0 Replies