We call it bath tissue or toilet paper.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 04:59 pm
oh, I see ... Very Happy
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 05:08 pm
I have also heard it called Bathroom Stationery and Music Rolls, but if that's what you ask for, for whatever you happen to get.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 05:09 pm
It has also been called a "dunny roll" in Oz. Very Happy

I should explain that a toilet is also known as a "dunny" on Oz. I'm wondering if anyone else calls it that.
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:23 pm
Msolga and colorbook,
there used to be a lot of scented and colored tissues, toilet rolls, AND paper hand towels. But allergies put a stop to most all that, and is working on getting the 'additives' out of laundry soap and body soaps and detergents.
I have allergies to MANY of the dyes and scents, but hey... I hate it, because I LOVE to use 'perfumy' things. Fortunately, I can still use SOME.

roger
Quote:
Recycled toilet paper? Ain't goin' there on a bet!

Laughing Laughing Laughing what they MEAN roger, is 'recycled paper' made into toilet rolls.... not 'recycled' toilet tissue!!!

You are a Wit!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:41 pm
theollady wrote:

Montana, heavier papers not recommended for Septic tanks because of the "fill up too fast" factor. (However, the recommendations for Scott are MADE BY SCOTT---)
(they must be republican- Rolling Eyes Embarrassed Laughing Laughing )

That's what I figured. Well, I'd rather empty my septic more often and stick with my soft TP. Oh, the sacrifices we make.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 07:40 pm
Personally I prefer a more solid butt-wipin' tissue myself! Razz
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 07:47 pm
I compare the tp based on total square footage per roll, and calculate the price per roll. As long as it advertises that it is two-ply, i buy the cheapest one.

I'm not particular, i forgot to pick-up tp when i went to the store yesterday, so i'm currently using paper towels.

I compare the paper towels based on total square footage per roll, and calculate the price per roll. As long as it . . .
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 09:05 pm
Setana

Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 09:59 pm
Back at ya, Lou. Incidentally, I've decided to stick with Scott's for now.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 10:50 pm
o.k. edgar; you must be working your magic.
i always buy the cheapest package (4) at the local No Frills stores for 99cents (CDN.).

but today for no reason at all i went for the pack of 24 @ $4.99 - and i didn't need any at all! Rolling Eyes

[now where am i going to 'stuff' it? Shocked
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 10:53 pm
Er ah, umm...
Hee hee
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 12:28 am
Setanta wrote:
I compare the tp based on total square footage per roll, and calculate the price per roll. As long as it advertises that it is two-ply, i buy the cheapest one.

I'm not particular, i forgot to pick-up tp when i went to the store yesterday, so i'm currently using paper towels.

I compare the paper towels based on total square footage per roll, and calculate the price per roll. As long as it . . .

Am I reading this correctly? You use paper towel in the same manner as t.p.???? Doesn't your toilet plug up? *LMAO*
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 05:56 am
If i run out of tp, i use it. One does need not to be profligate in order not to cause plumbing problems. Tearing the sheets in half helps, as well. What would you suggest, when there's no tp?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 06:11 am
Nose tissues.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 07:01 am
The still-feathered neck of a swan...

Or, perhaps, the left hand.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 07:08 am
msolga wrote:
It has also been called a "dunny roll" in Oz. Very Happy

I should explain that a toilet is also known as a "dunny" on Oz. I'm wondering if anyone else calls it that.

Hence the saying "I hope all your chooks turn into emus and kick your dunny door down"
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 08:45 am
Setanta wrote:
....What would you suggest, when there's no tp?

the usual procedure is to stand up very straight, click your heels together sharply, and think beautiful thoughts [but DO NOT!!, under any circumstances turn on a tap --- anywhere at all!]; chanting "i wish i had toilet paper, i wish i had toilet paper, i wish i had toilet paper, i wish i had toilet paper, ...............

Oh msolga; i dunney know, lass (in my best [worst?] brogue).
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 11:03 am
No good, Wabbit, i never buy facial tissue, i just use paper towels.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 11:46 am
better not be trying that at my house. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/26/2024 at 07:52:47