The Non Breast Thread

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 05:33 pm
Shocked Embarrassed Rolling Eyes
I have noted a shocking new round of products cheapened by their manufacturers and sold to the public without notice, or billed as "improved." In particular, Scott's toilet tissue has gotten almost thin enough to see through. One must handle it extremely gently to avoid having it destruct in your hand prior to or even during use. I and Mrs edgarblythe raised four children using Scott's, persevering even when a visiting brother called it GI Joe issue. It was low cost and a roll lasted a long time. For the first time in over three decades I find myself at a crossroads, with the missus solidly at my side. What brand of tp do you recommend and why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,518 • Replies: 87
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 05:42 pm
I am very fond of the one (Sorbent?) which is double the length of the normal roll. It is nice and thick - and does, indeed, last twice as long. For some reason I am annoyed by having to change the roll frequently.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 05:46 pm
Never heard of Sorbent. Must be a local brand.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 05:54 pm
I find Scott to be the mot economical, even if I have to double or truple up on the layers. Recently I was in Sam's club, and they did not have Scot's. I was obliged to take Northern. Now Northern has a nice feel to it, and is quite spongy in texture. But I do resent having to bring out a new roll every day.

I will never, never, never buy Charmin. I don't care if I need to use the Sunday funnies, in a pinch. My abhorrence to the product goes back to the days when Mr. Whipple was hawking its virtues. Every time he said, "Please don't squeeze the Charmin", I became so angry, that it necessitated using one of his competitor's products. I even wrote a nasty letter to the manufacturer, and as I had expected, did not get any satisfaction.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 06:04 pm
I get the recycled TP. It's not the best and not the worst TP, but I feel good about buying it. If I'm buying TP where they don't sell recycled stuff, I buy Scott. Haven't noticed it getting lass valuable.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 06:08 pm
And furthermore, I hate the soft and fluffy TP because it leaves lint behind - how gross is that?

Now, I have noticed a lessening in value of many cereals. They make the box bigger and the content shrinks, the prices are outrageous!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 06:17 pm
I recently noticed the centre roll, hole is getting larger as well.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 06:19 pm
Still use Scott Tissue in our house too. Over the years it has gotten thinner and the rolls smaller...it still claims to have 1000 sheets per roll. K-Mart carries a brand similar to Scott. It's cheaper but it seems to last about the same amount of time.

When I see products that I've used over the years, claiming they are new and improved, I think, "oh no what have they done to it now?"

I worked in large corporate offices where I've seen cases and cases of toilet paper ordered in. In no time at all it would disappear...probably more like stolen. The big boss ordered the stuff locked up and inventoried on a regular basis, because it was too damned expensive for employees to take home.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 07:27 pm
Cottonelle double rolls. I gotta have my soft TP.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 07:33 pm
Be kind to your behind... Get some of the nice soft and squishy ones that don't break apart.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 07:56 pm
I went to Scott....because of the two lil boys in my house that think it takes a whole roll to clean thier tushes with. It helped......lol
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 08:03 pm
Yeah, edgar, I have noted thinness. Like Montana, I like to buy cottonelle because of the absorbency and you can use less at a time.
And like littlek I don't like lint left behind, so-- with cottonelle, there is a smooth surface that is lintless, but the feel is "poofy" and rich.
It is more expensive, I guess- and not recommended for those with S. tanks/vs city sewage acct. That is another factor that keeps Scott in business.
Deb, that must be an Australian brand, never heard of 'Sorbent' here.

What about paying the SAME for a 5 ounce bag of chips that we got seven ounces in last year???
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 08:07 pm
I'm still smarting from when they began putting 4 pounds of sugar in bags instead of 5 and charging the same price.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 08:13 pm
For the older crowd...do you remember the separate little white sheets of toilet paper they used to put in the dispensers of public and school restrooms...it resembled fine sandpaper?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 08:20 pm
I've seen that. I went to so many schools I saw a number of different kinds.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 08:51 pm
Recycled toilet paper? Ain't goin' there on a bet!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 10:21 pm
theollady wrote:
Yeah, edgar, I have noted thinness. Like Montana, I like to buy cottonelle because of the absorbency and you can use less at a time.
And like littlek I don't like lint left behind, so-- with cottonelle, there is a smooth surface that is lintless, but the feel is "poofy" and rich.
It is more expensive, I guess- and not recommended for those with S. tanks/vs city sewage acct. That is another factor that keeps Scott in business.

Why is it not recommended for septic tanks? I have a septic tank and I still use it.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 10:44 pm
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 11:13 pm
Geez, would you trust a paperless toilet? I'd be leery about relying on such a thing to do it's job thoroughly.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 11:19 pm
I never thought I would find anything less expensive than Scott Tissue, but sure enough, in Dollar Store, there was the exact duplicate, with 1250 tissues which Scott has 1000, feels the same, for less money. Woo Hoo!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Non Breast Thread
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 08:34:45