Receiving Broadcast stations from other cities.

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 10:41 pm
Is there technology that will allow you to watch broadcast TV stations from other cities? For example, If you wanted to watch all of the Seattle Washington stations but you lived in Denver colorado.

I know that you can't do it with DirecTV or Dish Network.

Do you have to buy one of those big satellite dishes and if you do end up buying one would you just find out that all of the stations are encrypted?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 976 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Turner 727

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 04:07 am
Well, from a broadcast perspective I'm pretty sure you can't pick up Seattle from Denver. I live in KC, and it takes a certain combination of atmospheric conditions in order for us to - fuzzily - see Wichita stations. Denver is a hell of a lot farther away from Seattle than Wichita is from KC. Not to mention that little insignificant mountain range between the two.

You might be able to do this with a dish, but I always thought that something like that had to be d/l'd from a satellite. So if they're beaming to a satellite, then yeah, you might get it. But I don't know.
0 Replies