Don't worry about me, I'll just have a crust of bread.

chai2

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 06:36 pm
That's an inside joke between me and my husband. It's always said with the back of the hand to one's forehead.

What's some of the catch phrases, inside jokes etc. between you and a loved one, or a friend.

No explanation necessary, unless you want to share.

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/56/5633/2FEMG00Z/posters/h-armstrong-roberts-woman-sitting-holding-back-of-hand-up-to-forehead.jpg

boomerang

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 07:01 pm
@chai2,
There's always money in the banana stand.
chai2

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 07:09 pm
@boomerang,
that's a good one.

ok, here's another one, credited to the grandmother of a high school friend.

"I hope I have this much room in heaven"
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 07:24 pm
@chai2,
Sometimes at night I’ll ask Marco if he wants a snack before bed, when he says yes I ask him to make me one too while he’s up. Cool Razz
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 07:33 pm
@chai2,
My wife and I always say, 'well, YOU MARRIED ME!'

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 07:37 pm
@chai2,
Pain don't hurt.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 07:57 pm
We have a couple..
Ovechkin - when you say the same story more than once
Orange Frog - a dumb explanation
Right away? - when you stub your toe or something that hurts as in did it hurt right away.. and there absolutely no sympathy.
Just put that anywhere.. when someone drops something

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 05:06 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
What's some of the catch phrases, inside jokes etc. between you and a loved one, or a friend.

sometimes when i look at myself in the mirror in the morning, i'll say,"what the **** are you looking at"

and then we laugh and laugh
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 06:35 am
We just say whether (it might be weather by now).

As in, "You know what I mean, when I say whether?" And the other one will nod and then we'll just go back to whatever we were doing.
chai2

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 07:52 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

We just say whether (it might be weather by now).

As in, "You know what I mean, when I say whether?" And the other one will nod and then we'll just go back to whatever we were doing.

We say "it was just ...... shcesch" while using our hands in a dramatic gesture, to express just how shcesch it was.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 08:59 am
"Don't poke your eye out" - when one is off to do something mildly crazy or reckless that doesn't remotely involve sharp objects.

"The dogs agree with me" - said when trying to get ones way based on numbers.

"Cross that one off the How I'm Going to Die List" - usually said while watching other people repelling down rock ravines, diving into underwater shark invested caves, or climbing up mountains while trying not to step onto the frozen dead bodies of those that didn't make .
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 09:05 am
My wife and I both recently began wearing glasses full time. Also, for Christmas, we received from family members identical wool blankets from Pottery Barn.

And so one night in January we experienced an inevitable moment of self-conscious nerdiness, huddled on the couch in our twin blankets, turning to kiss and bumping glasses.

Thus our catchphrase, "Just two crazy kids in their glasses and blankets!" Pretty much every time we find ourselves in that situation, which is often.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 09:21 am
@chai2,
I often respond when people ask me how I am in a store checkout, "I'm awake." They nearly always laugh.

BBB
roger

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 01:17 pm
@chai2,
"What you mean, we. Comes from an old Lone Ranger and Tonto joke. When I was working at a power plant on the Navajo reservation, it pretty much meant "You got problems, whiteman"

"Go fish" was once a source of hysterics between my sister and I. Comes from the card game of the same name, of course.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 01:21 pm
If someone suggests that "we" go do something that seems imprudent or silly, I'm likely to ask them if they have a mouse in their pocket...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 02:36 pm
(When one of us wants to leave, but the other doesn't...)

"Call me a taxi."

"YOU...are a taxi."
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 02:45 pm
@jespah,

... pope!
jespah

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 03:19 pm
@Region Philbis,
Oh yes, there's also Pope!
chai2

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 03:29 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Oh yes, there's also Pope!

heh, I like the response you made on the other thread, re "dunch"

A combo of dinner and lunch. Makes sense, like brunch.

I think I eat more dunches that brunches.

morgan....the ol' "while you're up" ploy....excellent.

0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 02:09 pm
"Don't get dead."
0 Replies