Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 08:27 am
and I don't believe it's going to happen regardless of the fact it's been brought up all over the place..... but just for the sake of discussion... with the republican war against women losing the GOP_ a chunk of the women's vote already... if the Dems DID have Joe Biden step down and put Hillary on the ticket.... the election would be strictly a formality. Oh how I wish it would happen, although I'm confident it won't.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 837 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 08:57 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I don't think it is going to happen either...but then again, I seriously doubt it would help appreciably. Any woman still willing to vote Republican is beyond redemption--and I seriously doubt having Hillary on the Democratic ticket would be an influence toward voting that ticket. There are such things as willing slaves!

In any case, if the economy tanks this year (and I suspect it very well may), the election will, as you put it, be a formality.

But in the wrong direction!
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 11:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I don't think it is going to happen either...but then again, I seriously doubt it would help appreciably. Any woman still willing to vote Republican is beyond redemption--and I seriously doubt having Hillary on the Democratic ticket would be an influence toward voting that ticket. There are such things as willing slaves!

In any case, if the economy tanks this year (and I suspect it very well may), the election will, as you put it, be a formality.

But in the wrong direction!

My business just picked back up significantly. Please no talk of tanking economy
farmerman

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 03:56 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
You notice the GOP rhetoric has been slowly downplaying the "We could make the recovery happen and the DEMS cant" or
"We need to be energy independent and the Dems are screwing that up" or "We need to get rid of Osama bin LAden".
or, "The big bailouts wont work".

GOP cant catch a break. At least they are trying to play the insrance card now.

Even the birthers have taken a hit
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 04:51 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
My business just picked back up significantly. Please no talk of tanking economy

Hubby works in technical sales with major industries here, and he's having a banner year.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 05:10 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I don't think you need to worry about our economy tanking; most signs are positive including jobs.

As for the elections this year, there are too many contradictions just amongst the republican party; spending tens of billions to destroy each other, and yet Romney (the company and jobs destroyer) and Santorum (the scary bastard) are on top of their ticket. Women are voting for the very people trying to control them and their bodies, and they don't mind probes put into their vagina when they're pregnant, and they don't want health care insurance to pay for their contraception. It's a "moral" choice for them, but over 90% of Catholic women already use contraception. Go figure; I'm totally confused!

The majority of republicans are not in the 1%, but they want the wealthy to keep their wealth, because they say it's only transferring their wealth to the poor - all while our infrastructure, schools, and governments cut back on services, and the deficit continues to grow.

Oh, the deficit; they claim Obama is responsible for doubling the deficit, but they don't know what they are talking about. Ignorance is their ace of spade; they use it without knowing the games they are playing. They just don't understand how our debt increased under GW Bush; or, if they did, they didn't or don't care. It's now their political football.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 05:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

The GOP will, if they have any brains, put a demonstratively pro women woman on the ticket. They will then campaign for women's rights. The Dems assuming that they will have a huge advantage with women is idiocy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 05:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
I'm still uncertain how women will vote for republicans based on anti-women rhetoric during their campaign, but stranger things have happened. I wouldn't bet any money on percentages.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 05:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I'm still uncertain how women will vote for republicans based on anti-women rhetoric during their campaign, but stranger things have happened. I wouldn't bet any money on percentages.

The Right has decided that it is time to counter the liberal mantra on women, if you dont know that a great many right and center women support the GOP's view on the proper place for women in this society then you are a damn fool. The right has a damn good argument that the Feminists and their enablers have gone too far and must be confronted, and politically this is a great time to make it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 06:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
Women have gone too far? What world do you live in?
JTT

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 06:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Another highly appropriate place to put this.

http://www.gocomics.com/nonsequitur/2012/03/21
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 08:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
...the proper place for women in this society...

?!?!?

You must be watching too much "Mad Men." I haven't heard anybody use that phrase since 1965.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 09:10 pm
@Eva,
Quote:
You must be watching too much "Mad Men." I haven't heard anybody use that phrase since 1965.

Time shifting ideas is very enlightening, one of the many reasons why I enjoy the show.
0 Replies