Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 06:06 pm
@demonhunter,
הָלַל
to shine; to praise, boast, be boastful
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 06:23 pm
@fresco,
Ha! Yeah I don't see many curse-based forms of 'worship' going on. Or what would it actually be, a condemnation party?

Knowing your position on other things, Fresco, I am surprised that you label yourself as an atheist. I thought your point was that both believing in god and not believing are the same?
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 06:26 pm
@1Prince,
1Prince wrote:

Scripture says; "Sing to the Lord, bless His name, announce His salvation day after day. Tell His glory among the nations, His wondrous deeds to all people."

Psalm 35:28
my tongue shall speak of Your righteousness And of Your praise all the day long.

Psalm 71:8
Let my mouth be filled with Your praise And with Your glory all the day.

Psalm 79:13
So we, Your people and sheep of Your pasture, Will give You thanks forever; We will show forth Your praise to all generations.

Psalm 102:21
To declare the name of the Lord in Zion, And His praise in Jerusalem,

Offer to God praise as a sacrifice, and fulfill your vows to the Most High, then call on me in your time of distress and I will rescue you, and you shall glorify me."

" Those who offer praise as a sacrifice glorify me and to those who go the right way I will show the salvation of God."

"All those who do right shall rise to live".

"Do what is right and just".

"I the Lord speak the truth, I say what is right".

Those who trust in the Lord shall understand truth, and the faithful shall abide with him in love: Because grace and mercy are with his holy ones, and his care is with the elect.
But the wicked shall receive a punishment to match their thoughts, since they neglected justice and forsook the Lord.

You haven't actually said what praise is. Those are just a list of bible quotes saying that god wants us to praise him. The only one which speaks of what praise might be mentions it as a sacrifice. Do you do many sacrifices personally?
1Prince

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 10:55 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
The answer to your question is there but you cannot see it. Seek the Lord so you will live. Seek justice, seek humility, perhaps you'll be sheltered on the day of the Lords anger. The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. I'm the good shepherd. My sheep hear my voice I, know them and they follow me, I give them eternal life and they will never perish. The Lord guides the humble to justice and He teaches the meek His way. I am meek and humble of heart and I will give you peace. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for my yoke is upright and my burden is light.

fresco

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:13 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
My position is that "God" like everything else we objectify (including "self") is a concept. An atheist's "self"' concept merely has ...no use for/or has a negative relationship with.....a "God" concept. Atheism is predicated on theism. Similarly, I am suggesting that believers who have a praising relationship are vectored by its antithesis.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 05:15 am
@fresco,
Would n´t you endorse a pantheist approach to "God" in the least ? if not, why ?
djjd62

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 05:21 am
i usually start by saying, "what's up, pup?", then i find a good scritch behind the ears and under the muzzle while saying, "who's a good boy?","are you a good boy?", "yes you are, good boy"

oh wait, god

not dog

nevermind
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 06:11 am
@djjd62,
No. You got it right the first time DJ. God = dog. Dog = god.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 06:48 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I can commune with "holistic consciousness" but not with any deistic aspect to it.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 06:49 am
@1Prince,
Why do I need to seek humility? I have already got more of the stuff than anyone I know.

Quote:
I am meek of heart and I will give you peace.

1Prince

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 07:54 am
@maxdancona,
Learn what it means to seek justice according to the Lord.

You must be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect. If you want to be perfect, follow me and declare the good news of the kingdom of God, then your treasure will be great in heaven.

Blessed are the meek they will inherit the land.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 08:02 am
@1Prince,
I have to have humility and be perfect?

Quote:
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
when you're perfect in every way.
I can't wait to look in the mirror

'cos I get better looking each day
to know me is to love me

I must be a hell of a man.
O Lord it's hard to be humble
but I'm doing the best that I can.

I used to have a girlfriend
but I guess she just could'n't complete
with all of these lovestarved women
who keep clamouring at my feet.
Well I probably find me another
but I guess they're all in awe of me

who cares I never get lonesome
cause I treasure my own company.
djjd62

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 08:05 am
@maxdancona,
i was in Humboldt County once, does that count
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 08:09 am
@1Prince,
1Prince wrote:

The answer to your question is there but you cannot see it. Seek the Lord so you will live. Seek justice, seek humility, perhaps you'll be sheltered on the day of the Lords anger. The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. I'm the good shepherd. My sheep hear my voice I, know them and they follow me, I give them eternal life and they will never perish. The Lord guides the humble to justice and He teaches the meek His way. I am meek and humble of heart and I will give you peace. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for my yoke is upright and my burden is light.

Ok, so your notion of praise is just to live by the values the lord has set out in order to please and respect him. Fostering his values within your heart etc.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 09:33 am
A piece of advise to all god praising creatures out there that any good shepherd around the corner will endorse:
Get away from this forum, we are the devil, and we have a talent for twisting your thoughts and beliefs in such a way that we will lead you astray from the good path...we manipulate words and logic and might as proof that there are miracles after all, actually bring you to think for yourself´s after a while...don´t read our posts, don´t try to figure out our minds and hearts because we are like a wolf in sheep's cloth´s...we will sweet talk you out of Jesus glory in no time...run forest little fairy´s ! Flee home !
(and while at it take E.T. with you by the way) Mr. Green
demonhunter

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 09:35 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Your foolishness has many faces.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 09:38 am
@demonhunter,
I might gracefully be thanking God for being born with such a unique talent !
Have you caught any demon today hunter ? Laughing
(I am a bad influence, don´t follow my profile you give me a good rep)
demonhunter

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 09:46 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
None is good but God alone.
Linkat

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 09:52 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
To me, personally, by living the way you should in Christ's name. Doing good and serving others - the old saying WWJD fits here.

djjd62

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 09:57 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
To me, personally, by living the way you should in Christ's name. Doing good and serving others - the old saying WWJD fits here.

i tend to ask myself, WWDJJD62D, and then do the exact opposite