Fake it 'til you make it

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 12:29 pm
Lets question the ethical property of this phrase. Imagine a esteemed and famous football player who could toss a ball a few yards then catch it to complete a play. This movement is reminiscent of a Knight of Chess.

We are, as mortals, incomplete and cherish a lust towards collecting 'things' that interest us or help us succeed. You find a small hurtle (a defecate) in your current path and want to figure a way across. You cannot, at the moment or alone, stampede through the obstacle but you can (fallow me) take a loan from your future self (in the same dimension) to transgress. We would pay this before it gains any interest at all before the week is done.

Example: You mention to an employer on at an interview that you have a specific certification but in reality you won't until you go home and hit 'submit'.

Can we optimize by self-refining mechanisms: white lies, self-hypnosis, mind altering medication (E.G. ADD meds or Gingko).

This is questioning the bonds between time and static facts within reality (material)[freed from bias] filtered into an individuals(or groups) consciousness .
I can relate this to three things off the top of my head

An arrow is shot but makes a curve like a roller coaster loop and returns to its regular trajectory while maintaining at constant speed (despite conservation of energy or whatever jargon).
Benevolent or beneficial Propaganda
A self fulfilling prophecy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,874 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 12:49 pm
@ModernVisage,
I am having a problem understanding what you meant after the word "Lets"...which I assume was meant to be "Let's."

Can you clarify what you are talking about? If so, will you?
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 01:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I think she's faking it until she makes it, Frank.

By the way, MV, the knight in chess makes L-shaped moves -- two squares horizontally and one vertically or one square horizontally and two vertically.

How does that relate to your football player analogy or to anything else you wrote about in your post?
ModernVisage

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 01:13 am
@Butrflynet,
Maybe I expanded it too much. Knights can bound over a piece to capture one behind it. The football player catches his own throw. These examples both provide the relief of a problem. The night is the only piece that can penetrate without an opening. The player can temporarily remove the bullseye on him once he loses the ball, to evade a wall of opposing players, and then catch it in another position.
0 Replies