scientology views

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 11:23 am
On my way to work today i walked by the church of Scientology in my city today, and it got me thinking. Do Scientologists hold the same bigoted views on such topics as gay marriage and creationism as the big 3 (christians, jews, muslims) do? I just ask because i know what they believe in (thanks to south parks "trapped in the closet" episode (which truthfully explained the whole story (at least their churxh doesnt try to hide the fact that L. Ron Hubbard was a sci-fi writer, which i respect))) but not their views on anything pertaining to real life. Any thoughts on this? Basically, im curious if all the same topics that get christians hot and bothered do the same for them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,206 • Replies: 5

b4u

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2015 09:04 pm
@purebredchaos,
the church, yes; most scientologists, no
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 07:45 am
@purebredchaos,
It's inaccurate to claim Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all condemn homosexuality or same-sex marriage. Majority tradition of Judaism, Reform Judaism permits same-sex marriage. Scores of denominations in Christianity do too. And I assume Islam has its 'liberal' version as well.
momoends

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 07:23 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
oficially they all condemn homosexuality or same sex marriage- certain brands or doctrines born from the main religions but separated clearly from them accept homosexuality and same sex marriage
engineer

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 04:38 pm
@momoends,
Who holds the "official" doctrine? What "brands" are "clearly separate"?
maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 04:45 pm
@engineer,
The Jewish and Christian Bible clearly condemn homosexuality. That is as official as anything else.

A quick search finds writings by the founder of Scientology that are pretty clearly critical of homosexuality

Hubbard in Dianetics wrote:
The sexual pervert (and by this term Dianetics, to be brief, includes any and all forms of deviation in Dynamic II [i.e. sexuality] such as homosexuality, lesbianism, sexual sadism, etc., and all down the catalog of Ellis and Krafft-Ebing) is actually quite ill physically...he is very far from culpable for his condition, but he is also far from normal and extremely dangerous to society..

0 Replies