Andrew Breitbart has died

sozobe

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 09:45 am
He was 43.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/01/andrew-breitbart-dies-natural-causes-website-reports/

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 10:34 am
@sozobe,
I'm sorry for his family's unexpected loss.

Anything else I'd like to say would be speaking ill of the dead so I'll wait until after he's in the ground.
Fido

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 10:57 am
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

I'm sorry for his family's unexpected loss.

Anything else I'd like to say would be speaking ill of the dead so I'll wait until after he's in the ground.
Did you ever hear the one about the priest at the funeral who asked if anyone could tell him something nice about the man because he did not really know him... After a while some one shouted: His brother was worse...

If it is true; just say his brother was worse... I went to funeral once of some one I did not really know who was a distant relative to me... I got up to go to the rest room, and one of my great aunt's sisters told me to tell the priest that the lady was nothing but a damned old grouch... My father remembered that story forever... Some one did say she made a great cherry pie, and others agreed... How bad could she have been, really...
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 11:07 am
I never knew he was a founder of HuffPo and former pupil of Ariana Huffington. Mind blown.

43 is pretty young.

A
R
T
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 11:08 am
He had a crazy looking beard. That's probably the most positive thing I could say about him.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 11:30 am
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/03/andrew-breitbart-death-review-coroner.html

The Los Angeles County coroner's office will review the death of conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart, who collapsed and died Thursday while taking a nighttime walk near his Westwood home.

Given his young age -- he was 43 -- and the unexpected manner in which he died, authorities will conduct an autopsy to help determine a specific cause of death.

After 10 years as editor of the Drudge Report and helping to launch the Huffington Post, Breitbart launched in 2005 his news aggregation site Breitbart.com, which was designed to counter what he described as the "bully media cabal" that he said ignored stories at odds with prevailing liberal orthodoxy.

Breitbart lived in Westwood with his wife, Susie, and their four young children, Samson, 12; Mia, 10; Charlie, 6; and William, 4.. He was adopted by moderately conservative Jewish parents and attended two of L.A.'s most exclusive private schools —Carlthorp and Brentwood.

His father, Gerald, owned Fox and Hounds, a landmark Tudor-style Santa Monica restaurant that later became the punk rock club Madame Wong's West. His mother, Arlene, was an executive at Bank of America in Beverly Hills and downtown L.A.

Breitbart is also survived by his sister, Tracy.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 11:46 am
I'm still not convinced that this isn't just another one of his hoaxes.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 12:10 pm
It was ACORN!!!!!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 12:36 pm
It's interesting that the internet has allowed us to hate people for merely disagreeing with their point of view. The hatred I have read about Breitbart, not here but on Yahoo news, amazes me. Has it become impossible to just disagree with someone and not hate them?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 12:48 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

It's interesting that the internet has allowed us to hate people for merely disagreeing with their point of view. The hatred I have read about Breitbart, not here but on Yahoo news, amazes me. Has it become impossible to just disagree with someone and not hate them?

The guy went out of his way to be an asshole. It's not as if he was some quiet-voiced person who disagreed with people; he actively worked to destroy the lives of others. Just look at the Sherrod thing if you want to see a great example of that.

He invited the hate of others and often said that he thrived off of it. So, I wouldn't say that it's impossible to disagree with someone and not hate them; but it's tough when that person is trying to make you hate them.

Cycloptichorn
McGentrix

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 12:59 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

The guy went out of his way to be an asshole. It's not as if he was some quiet-voiced person who disagreed with people; he actively worked to destroy the lives of others. Just look at the Sherrod thing if you want to see a great example of that.

He invited the hate of others and often said that he thrived off of it. So, I wouldn't say that it's impossible to disagree with someone and not hate them; but it's tough when that person is trying to make you hate them.

Cycloptichorn

So, a lot of people were tied to chairs and forced to read him? Or, did they read him because he forced them to look at an alternate point of view and he argued with them? Was he an asshole? I guess that depends on your point of view. He had a strong opinion and stated it publicly. He was only popular because people read him, agreed/disagreed him and enabled him to continue.

I never had much cause to read his stuff. I guess I should review his work now that there will not be any new stuff.
failures art

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 01:02 pm
Maybe a simpler reply is that he did hate people, he didn't merely disagree. That's not trampling on his grave--it's just a reminder about how he expressed himself when he was alive.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. I'll not celebrate his death, but he promoted exactly that with Edward Kennedy. I can object to both, but note the situational irony.

A
R
T
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 01:27 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Read Flynet's biography above... If you love the truth, and see how essential it is to all of our lives, and to everyone's well being, you cannot but fear, and hate those who would put a price on the truth if only to suit their version of a happy outcome... He was money talking for money... What is so unusual in that??? Money has many mouths, but one tail: What is good for the rich is good for everyone... Only if the rich is everyone, and that is hardly the case... It is much better to understand what drives such people, but also very normal for people who depend upon truth to hate those who cloud its meaning....People who defraud us of the truth should be executed... Clearly, God agreed with me on this one...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 01:37 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Was he an asshole? I guess that depends on your point of view.

I'm pretty sure that everyone agrees that the guy was - intentionally - an asshole. He was provocative and in-your-face. He actively pursued vendettas against 'leftists.' He tried to use doctored videos to harm people's careers. He supported James O'Keefe and his group of liars and actively defended them.

What more can you say about the guy? We're not talking about Hitchens here.

Cycloptichorn
Fido

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 01:37 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Cycloptichorn

So, a lot of people were tied to chairs and forced to read him? Or, did they read him because he forced them to look at an alternate point of view and he argued with them? Was he an asshole? I guess that depends on your point of view. He had a strong opinion and stated it publicly. He was only popular because people read him, agreed/disagreed him and enabled him to continue.

I never had much cause to read his stuff. I guess I should review his work now that there will not be any new stuff.
The truth is not lost from many perspectives, but gained... It is versions of truth bearing no resemblence to the real thing, and meant to co-opt the whole notion of truth until it can be made a matter or opinion, or a subject of dispute, and as so unreliable it cannot be actionable -is dangerous... Truth in this society is a prisoner of ideology... We only see as much of it as can be used against us...It is our common property, and people, especially those who are in a position to know it, should tell it, or be held accountable... People very often see truth as they see fresh air and water... Because it is so free, they think it is worthless, and so they crap on it; but it is only without a price because it is priceless, and not because it is empty of value...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 01:43 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Quote:
Was he an asshole? I guess that depends on your point of view.

I'm pretty sure that everyone agrees that the guy was - intentionally - an asshole. He was provocative and in-your-face. He actively pursued vendettas against 'leftists.' He tried to use doctored videos to harm people's careers. He supported James O'Keefe and his group of liars and actively defended them.

What more can you say about the guy? We're not talking about Hitchens here.

Cycloptichorn
You see here the mysterious hand of fate in action... A mudderfugger can often be cured of being so, or simply grow up; but only death can cure an asshole of being an asshole... I have lived long enough to hear their plaintive weep: Why don't no one love me??? Well, sir; that may have everything to do with your being an asssssssssshole...But look on the bright side: If you know you are an asshole you can begin your conscious enjoyment of the fact that you are a grade A+ Assssssssshole... And then quit crying about it...
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 06:25 pm
I'm not glad he is dead but I am glad that we won't have to suffer through his crap anymore. He started the ridiculous and unnecessary anti-ACORN hysteria. He posted an edited video of Shirley Sherrod to make her appear racist against white people. And he posted Andrew Weiner's shirtless pictures which led to him resigning from Congress. What a gifted journalist he was.
shewolfnm

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 08:54 am
wow.
im a tad shocked to admit i didnt know his name

but then again... i have not turned on fox news or any other paid antagonists channel/site for ..wow.. 8 years or more..
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:03 am
the most notable thing i knew about him was the andrew wiener wiener picture

anthony cumia of the opie and anthony show went drinking with eva braun, er, ann coulter and beietbart after a taping of red eye, breitbart had a picture of wiener's wiener on his phone that had been sent to him by one of wiener's girls

the next day he came on the O&A show and was stupid enough to show it to the guys in full view of their pal talk cameras )okay the sort of positioned him so the cameras could pick it up), the pic was screen capped and the rest was history

the show mended fences with him and cumia continued to correspond with breitbart, he said yesterday that the **** folks are tweeting would probably amuse andrew as he regularly retweeted evil things tweeted to him
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 09:06 am
@jcboy,
Quote:
I'm not glad he is dead but I am glad that we won't have to suffer through his crap anymore. He started the ridiculous and unnecessary anti-ACORN hysteria. He posted an edited video of Shirley Sherrod to make her appear racist against white people. And he posted Andrew Weiner's shirtless pictures which led to him resigning from Congress. What a gifted journalist he was.

There will be others, and those to come will look at places where Breitbart made mistakes and will tweak things to new lows.

What he did to Sherrod was disgraceful, I cannot in any way approve.

Whereas I don't approve of his methods of taking down Scumball Anthony Weiner, I am glad he helped get the s.o.b. out of office.

May his (Breitbart's)family find peace and comfort in their time of loss.

1. Forums
  2. » Andrew Breitbart has died
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:08:57