Butrflynet's 58th birthday today 2-28-2012 fixing dinner for 5 friends & 3 dogs tonight

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 09:39 am
Butrflynet is fixing dinner for five friends and me tonight. She is making her favorite childhood grilled flank steak oozing with the scent of garlic, soy sauce, and wine. Our dining room will be filled with seven people and three doggies.

The Lady Diane will have a good time tonight. She is bringing her loving Sally dog to play with her buddies, Dolly and Madison. Diane and our dear friends, Michael and Beva will enjoy that new type of stake. I'm pretty sure that our friend Sal has never eaten a flank steak so he will be surprised.

Our dear friend Barbara (the one who works at the strip club Wink ) is making the birthday cake. Barbara will keep everyone laughing with her strip club stories. She has promised to take Diane fishing when she and Butrflynet drive north to a good fishing river this summer.

Butrflynet's brother, Stugotz, phoned from Arizona to give her birthday love. Too far for him to drive to Albuquerque tonight.

Happy Birthday my beloved daughter Butrflynet! Very Happy Cool

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 21 • Views: 6,572 • Replies: 35
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 09:52 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Sounds like a great party.

Happy birthday Butrflynet!
0 Replies

saab

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:00 am
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3531/3460026941_9ed8dd93ba_z.jpg

Happy birthday and do the dogs get their own table?
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:03 am
@saab,
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Great photo of the three dogs. Dolly, Madison and Sally doggies can sit anywhere they want as long as they are sitting on the floor. I will tell Barbara she can bring Butrflynet's favorite dog to the party. That will make four dogs on the floor hoping for food drops.

BBB
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:05 am
Happy Birthday, dear lady.

http://www.hosanna1.com/freegraphics/img8.gif
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:11 am
@Letty,
Butrflynet will love the picture of real butterflys, Letty.

BBB
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:43 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Our dear friend Barbara (the one who works at the strip club Wink ) is making the birthday cake.

Will she also be jumping out of it?
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:47 am
@roger,
You will be disappointed to learn that Barbara makes the girls costumes and drives the drunks home at night. She's not one of the dancing girls. You would be amazed at the stories she can tell.

BBB
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 12:02 pm
Happy Birthday, Butrfly!

http://images.tastespotting.com/uploads/thumbnail/171661.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 12:05 pm
Happy birthday to the BflyGal

http://www.bridella.com/Cakella/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/butterfly-cake.png
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 12:07 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks for the perfect birthday cake.

BBB
jespah

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 12:33 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Happy birthday, BFN! Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:15 pm
58? Ya kid ya. I used to be 58, in the good old days. I know you will have a great time at the party. Happy Birthday.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:41 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Happy birthday to Butrflynet!

The flank steak sounds wonderful.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 01:53 pm
@sozobe,
This is my family's favorite beef recipe. My children always asked me to make it for them. Its wonderful served with a side of rice and sauteed mushrooms.

Perfect Garlic Infused Flank Steak
By BumbleBeeBoogie

1 flank steak (about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds

Marinade:

1/2 cup dry red wine
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 to 6 large cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
Coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf Italian parsley

Place the flank steak on a cutting board and, with a fork, pierce the steak's surface on both sides. This allows the marinade to penetrate the steak more deeply.

Combine the marinade ingredients and the flank steak in a large size sealable plastic bag. Massage the bag to thoroughly coat the steak with marinade. Lay the plastic bag flat on a plate in the refrigerator and marinate over night or for at least 8 hours, turning over the bag at least twice.

When ready to cook, remove the steak from the marinade and pat the steak dry with a paper towel or leave traces of marinade on the steak as you wish.

Grill the steak in the oven or on a grill over high heat, 3 inches from the heat source, for 4 minutes per side for medium-rate meat, taking care not to over cook.

Remove the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.

To serve, slice the steak thinly on the diagonal (not straight up and down to avoid tough meat) and arrange on a platter. Garnish with the chopped parsley.
jcboy

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 05:35 pm
Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day! Smile
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 07:28 pm
Happy birthday, Butrflynet!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 09:39 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Have fun!!!!!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 12:50 am
Happy Birthday, kid!

I hope your birthday wish comes true. I hope the coming year brings you all you desire.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 01:09 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Happy birthday, Butrflynet!

http://smsread.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/bunch-of-flowers-1.jpg
0 Replies