6 letter words, and use 3 letters to start a new word...

Dutchy

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 04:12 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
lagers

(a drink I enjoy whilst resting at the billabong and watching the geese fly by)
spendius

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 04:55 pm
@Dutchy,
Oh dear!! No wonder all the intelligent Aussies catch a plane to London and stay there.

I'm content to wait for Rebecca to do "salads". I'm confident she won't insult my intelligence with a gaggle of lagoons or of lagers. A lagoon full of lager might be alright though.
spendius

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 04:59 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
spendi is mostly playing with hisself here.

Pick sides eh Rockie? Sitting on fences is not your style.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 05:19 pm
@spendius,
Good morning spendius, just want to thank you for making me laugh, each morning and each evening, when I visit this thread.. I must say, a gaggle (flock) does actually tie into a lagoon, water baby... And, then lagoon, well it is liquid and so is a lager and didn't you know that Aussie's rule?

Off course you shall wait for salads. You are always thinking about food Wink

palace - awaits your salad. Sir Spendy ...
spendius

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 05:27 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I'm going to bed.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 05:28 pm
@spendius,
nitey nite, spenders...

sweet dreams and such.

plants
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 07:04 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
calmly

(The Queen and Prince Phillip wandering around Buckingham Palace welcoming their distinguished guests from downunder)
aidan

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 10:45 pm
@Dutchy,
Sorry Dutchy, but even I have to ask how you got 'calmly' from 'plants' (three letter-wise)?

Anyway - before I realized it didn't follow - I came up with two scenarios for it:

lacing (the distinguished male Aussie visitor laced the Queen's tea when she wasn't looking)
and
macing (the distinguished male Aussie visitor got a face full of mace when the Queen objected to his bid to get her drunk and have his way with her).

for plants I came up with:

spliff (what was planted on the unsuspecting Aussie by the Queen in an effort to have him deported for drug possession)
Dutchy

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 11:53 pm
@aidan,
You are right Aidan, I had overlooked Rockheads submission, and answered Found Soul's word palace. My apologies.

I love all of your submissions, I liken myself to the distinguished Aussie visitor, as all of those tricks are in my repertoire. Wink

flirts

(What the Queen did trying to seduce her distinguished Aussie visitor after lacing his drink with an aphrodisiac)
spendius

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 07:49 am
@Dutchy,
sirens. (they were serious flirts and very dangerous.)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 07:59 am
@aidan,
Rebecca dear-- "spliff" from "plants" is okay because spliffs are made from plants. It's simple.

I'm actually flabbergasted at these performances.

sirens
aidan

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 12:00 pm
@spendius,
I work at a prison spendius - when I hear 'plants' now, my mind automatically interprets differently than it used to- it hears a verb, rather than a noun. Just like when I hear 'frame' I don't automatically think of a picture frame anymore.

nestle

(sirens like to nestle)
Dutchy

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 03:45 pm
@aidan,
sinner

(the guy who seduced the siren whilst nestled in her arms)
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 04:33 pm
@Dutchy,
nights

(seduction usually happens at nights with sirens)
spendius

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 04:53 pm
@aidan,
Quote:
Just like when I hear 'frame' I don't automatically think of a picture frame anymore.

That isn't quite authentic to my ears Rebecca. In England people are "fitted up". "Framed" is an American expression. Maybe it's coming in but up here in the wilderness I have never heard it.
Dutchy

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 04:57 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
stoned

(great feeling whilst seducing a siren at night)
spendius

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 04:59 pm
@Dutchy,
Quote:
(the guy who seduced the siren whilst nestled in her arms)

Cor blimey Dutch!!! Where did you go to school?? The whole point of sirens is that they don't need seducing. They beg for it with a wailing and moaning which is supposed to be impossible to resist to any bloke without a heart of stone.
Dutchy

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 05:02 pm
@spendius,
You obviously never met an Aussie Siren. Laughing
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 05:05 pm
@spendius,
sorry spendius - but I automatically translate to American, having lived there for forty years. When I hear quarter to five, my brain says, 'quarter of five'- when someone says 'coach' my brain says 'bus', when someone says 'biscuit' my brain says cookie - so maybe I did the same thing with frame, although
actually, now that I think about it, I haven't heard 'fitted up'. I've heard, 'Stitched him up' 'Dropped him in it' 'Put him in the frame' 'Dropped him in the ****'...and various others but not 'fitted up'.

But I work in a southern prison - maybe that's a regional or northern term.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 05:13 pm
@Dutchy,
stoned

intent
(to get happy)