Question For Camera Knowledgeable People

Wed 8 Feb, 2012 07:35 am
I need to get a point and click digital camera I can take pictures at my gigs with. I can't afford to spend more than 10.00 and I need something point and click. I live in the real world and know I can't get anything that will take pictures like Shewolf or others take, but I want to catch pictures at weddings and dances that will be clear, and not suck, just for posting to facebook etc., not to mention I want to be able to snap pics at home, just regular stuff of the kids and the cats . I need a flash of course but I also want to be able to get a picture in a darkened room that will show off my lights. Suggestions besides "spend more money you cheap bastard" appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,538 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

engineer

Wed 8 Feb, 2012 08:05 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Here's an article that seems to meet your needs: http://reviews.cnet.com/best-budget-cameras/. I've always been impressed with the low end Canon cameras. Note that indoor pictures with uneven lighting is very challenging and it is possible nothing in your price range will give you the quality you want.
0 Replies

Pitter

Fri 27 Nov, 2015 07:03 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
If you really mean ten dollars then you'll be disappointed since there are no new cameras on the market anywhere near that range. Maybe at a garage sale. I was in the market for a point & shoot a while back and I settled on a Panasonic Lumix LF1. My reasoning was that it is the exact camera Leica chose to sell to get into the the point & shoot market, albeit gussied up and with a souped up price. Works fairly well for night shots.
0 Replies