Looking out to the wonderful view outside BBB's bedroom windows

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2012 12:00 pm
My bedroom is lighted by a group of four floor to ceiling windows the full length of the wall. As I lay in my bed, I can see a large area of the sky and the areas behind my home.

If I wake during the night, I can see a brilliant sparkling large star or planet. I must try to identify which it is. It slowly travels across the sky. On days without clouds, I can see the lights of thousands of stars because Albuquerque is at a 5,00o feet altitude.

I can see the moon rise throughout the sky during the entire day and night. If it is a full moon, it is so bright that it lights my dark bedroom at night.

It's the winter time view these days so the sun does not rise until around seven in the morning.

On the grounds behind the houses in back of my home, there are a large cluster of black birds who live there. As soon as the sun lightens the sky, the birds start flying in their group. I love to watch them from my bed circling around and around over my home and the neighborhood. This goes on for about one half hour each morning. Then they fly east for about two miles to watch for food and the activities in a commercial area. In the winter, the birds return to my neighborhood about four o'clock each day.

Each morning, I play with my doggies Dolly and Madison before I get out of bed. They see the sun is shining and they go outside to pee and sometimes to poop. Then they invade Butrflynet's bed to tell her it's time to wake up and play. Butrflynet doesn't see the sun outside in her bedroom, so the doggies have to give her kisses and insist she get up.

I can hear the noise from my windows when my doggies see my neighbors' cats awake and start standing on the back yard fences. One neighbor's cat like to tease Dolly and Madison because he knows they can't reach him. Then the dogs in the area start barking and the cats start hissing. They do the same thing at night.

Finally, I leave my bedroom and start my tasks. Doggies Dolly and Madison wait for Butrflynet to take them to the near by dog park around two o'clock where The Lady Diane usually joins them with her doggie Sally. They have wonderful times with the dogs and nice people there. I've joined them a couple of times, but the dog loose dug up mulch ground surface is difficult for me to walk on, so Butrflynet shows me their photos she takes and tells me about their adventures that day when they return.

At night, when I get in my bed, I can see the moon outside my bedroom windows again. Aren't my windows wonderful?

BBB

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,108 • Replies: 2
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2012 12:52 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I forgot to add that every morning, I see from my windows a cluster of little Wren birds fly into my three elm trees I planted in my back yard. Now that the tree's leaves are gone, I wonder if they will build a nest again this winter.

What do you see from your bedroom window?

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 12:21 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I found a photo of what I see outside my bedroom window at night.

2012 March 7
See Explanation. Clicking on the picture will download the highest resolution version available.
Conjunction Over Reunion Island
Image Credit & Copyright: Luc Perrot

Explanation: You don't have to be on Reunion Island to see this week's planetary conjunction. Only if you want to see this picturesque seascape as well. To see the conjunction from just about anywhere in the world, look to the west after sunset. The first planet you may notice is Venus, the brightest object in the western sky. Above Venus, the second brightest object is Jupiter. The hardest planet to spot is Mercury, which is visible only briefly after sunset as a faint dot just above the horizon. Picturesque rocks leading out from Reunion Island to the Indian Ocean populate the foreground of the above picture. Taken last week, the distant planets Venus and Jupiter were joined by a bright crescent Moon, which has now moved away.

PHOTO:
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1203/conjunction1_perrot_633.jpg
0 Replies