Devil worship

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 03:42 pm
For Those who worship the devil, what do they believe will happen to them when they die? Do they think they will a "higher rank" in hell or something?

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 05:51 pm
@Mango enthusiast,
I think you're barking up the wrong utility pole if you truly believe that there are actually any genuine "devil worshippers" out there (outside of perhaps a few psychotics who should get professional treatment). That's a misunderstanding foisted upon us by the ardent Christians with Medieval mind-sets.

Those who say their religion is Wiccan (witches) do not worship the Devil. The adherents of the so-called "pagan" religions do not worship the Devil. The ancient Druidic religion was not "devil worship." It's important to remember that in this theistic mythology the Devil is in no sense the direct opposite of God, with the two somehow locked in eternal struggle. In this belief system, God is one and absolute, omnipotent and omniscient. The Devil is just a renegade angel, the direct opposite of the Archangel Michael, not of God.

If you're interested in devil worship, I suggest you're on the wrong site in the wrong century and with wrong pre-conceptions. You could, of course, try Googling it. There are probably scammers out there who'll tell you just what you want to hear.
Questioner

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 06:26 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
There actually used to be a professed 'satanist' here. Dr something, many moons ago.

You're also incorrect in your assertions that there aren't any genuine 'devil worshipers'. Go do a Google search on Anton LaVey and follow the brimstone-bricked road.

As to the original question, my understanding is that the idea of satanism is grounded more in what happens when you live rather than when you die. I'm not as deeply read into it as I could be (thankfully).
chai2

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 07:04 pm
@Questioner,
Yeah, I remember that guy questioner. I liked him.

Yes, it was about the here and now. I don't think he/they believe in the devil as a real being.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 07:17 pm
@Questioner,
I'm familiar with the bizarre story of Anton LaVey. He was an anomaly, either mentally ill or a supreme con man. Whatever "movement" he may have initiated was designed for the truly confused and sociopathic. I've heard that Ira Levin had LaVey in mind when he wrote Rosemary's Baby.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 08:27 pm
@Mango enthusiast,
Considering all the evil things the Christian god is claims to had done to the human race in the bible joining the rebellion again him or it never she would be a noble act.

After all half repeat half of all the angels in heaven rebel against this god he was so bad.

0 Replies

surovi

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 11:39 pm
@Mango enthusiast,
I think you're barking up the wrong utility pole if you truly believe that there are actually any genuine "devil worshippers" out there (outside of perhaps a few psychotics who should get professional treatment). That's a misunderstanding foisted upon us by the ardent Christians with Medieval mind-sets.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 12:13 am
@surovi,
huh?
farmerman

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 06:09 am
@Lustig Andrei,
My mom made the best devils food cake with a white confectioners sugar and butter icing. Boy I miss the devils food. Do devils eat mostly chocolate?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 06:11 am
@surovi,

(I just wanted to jump on the band wagon.)
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 07:50 am
@Mango enthusiast,
The Devil is part of Christian mythology. If you don't believe in the Bible, you aren't going to believe in (or worship) the Devil.

Non-Christians can't be Devil worshippers any more than non-pagans can be Thor worshipers.
0 Replies

natalia1

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 04:58 am
@Mango enthusiast,
My husband loves the devil and if i speak about god he gets very angry and distorted. Some times i want to make him realise that this is not good and to put him in the light. i have tried many times but noway will he listen. He says come with me and our life will be better than what god can provide. What to do? I am at a loss.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 05:32 am
@natalia1,
Quote:
What to do? I am at a loss.

I bet your husband doesn't even believe in the Devil. Could he just be saying it because he thinks you talk about God too much. Are you overly religious?

Saying you love the Devil is the natural thing to say to someone who you think is obsessed with religion.

Have you tried marriage counseling?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 05:38 am
to quote the famous theologian Mr. T. Waits, from his work Heart Attack and Vine

Don't you know there ain't no devil
There's only God when he's drunk
0 Replies

Torii

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 01:19 pm
@Mango enthusiast,
Well, as the story goes, the devil has two "tricks" up his sleeve. One is that the devil suggests he is more powerful than God. The second lie is that "I don't exist." And so when people believes there is no devil, then there is no hell, and no consequences in the afterlife it is easier to justify some shady stuff. Well you get the general idea.

So I think the general concept that you are mentioning is maybe due to the rumors of "Church of Satan" founded by a guy named Anton or something, and thus they believe as Anton himself quotes "My real feeling is that anybody who believes in supernatural entities on some level is insane." And thus this satanic church believes in the acceptance of the material stuff ("things of the world") instead of spiritual salvation and eternal life in heaven in the afterlife, etc.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 06:41 pm
@Torii,
I don't think God or the Devil exist.

But I do know that more evil has been done in the name of God. More children have been killed in the name of God. More women have been raped in the name of God. More people have been subjugated in slavery in the the name of God. More acts of terrorism, more torture and more murder has been done in the name of God

If God and the Devil do exist, the Devil is falling way behind in the evil department.

Every evil deed imaginable has been done in the name of God. I don't know why anyone would worship the Devil.

Eternal life is just a justification for violence.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 07:05 pm
farmerman, no no, you've got it all wrong--devils do something to eggs, and then they eat THEM. You never had deviled eggs at picnics? Those were the ones the devils hadn't gotten to yet, but they'd reserved them (hence "deviled"), so you ate them at your own risk.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 07:08 pm
the devil must exist. He's been messing around with ham too, not just eggs, for going on a century now.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519bJ8ua0ZL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-24,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 07:33 pm
I can't be the only one here that rocked this 25 years ago...

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 07:47 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:
I can't be the only one here that rocked this 25 years ago...

Sure you can.