And now for something a little different....

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 01:10 pm
Just got this in an email -- and I enjoyed it. Hope you do, too.

This is soooo stupid but true... and it's going to drive you crazy!

While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles. Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction and there's nothing you can do about it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,398 • Replies: 29
No top replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 01:12 pm
Damn.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 02:48 pm
I thought i seen this posted somewhere else about 2 months ago. I dunno, bu ti seen it somwhere. It is pretty cool though!
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 04:54 pm
and now
Weird!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 04:57 pm
I think this is the devil's work.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:23 pm
Point 1. You all have too much free time on your hands. Stop waving your limbs around like Tourettics!

Point 2. Frank, every damn thing on this forum in 2004 is different! I think everyones given up on the sensible stuff and is channelling Gus, Cav and Slappy (an' probably me too!). Craven's locked into a reparations thread that got nasty and C.I. seems to have dropped off the planet - HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD!!!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:25 pm
Frank
Astonishing, apparently there is no mind over foot.

BBB
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:48 pm
mine doesn't. Probably because I took dance and am used to waving my limbs around separately.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:50 pm
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Point 1. You all have too much free time on your hands. Stop waving your limbs around like Tourettics!

Point 2. Frank, every damn thing on this forum in 2004 is different! I think everyones given up on the sensible stuff and is channelling Gus, Cav and Slappy (an' probably me too!). Craven's locked into a reparations thread that got nasty and C.I. seems to have dropped off the planet - HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD!!!

In a word -- YES.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:52 pm
Quote:
mine doesn't. Probably because I took dance and am used to waving my limbs around separately.

Not good, Portal Star. It's quite obvious, to me anyway, that you are possessed. An exorcism is in order.

God help you, child. Be brave.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 06:00 pm
Weird! first I did it with my foot on the floor and I could do it and thought AHA! But then I read again and as soon as I lifted my foot OFF the floor, it switched!

But wait! I did it!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 06:06 pm
LOL - I can get three quarters of the way through the six without changing, if I think really hard - I bet I could get all the eay there if I kept trying.

Just gonna do it with left foot...just as hard for me!
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 01:05 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Quote:

Not good, Portal Star. It's quite obvious, to me anyway, that you are possessed. An exorcism is in order.

God help you, child. Be brave.

I -do- have a certain fondness for pea soup...
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 01:06 pm
I think I hurt myself.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 01:20 pm
o.k. - so why don't y'all just do the 6 from the inside out?
why did i decide to try that?
too much time on my feet. Very Happy
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 01:38 pm
I can just barely manage to do it if I go very, very slowly, don't mind if the clockwise circle gets lumpy and I'm concentrating so hard my head hurts.

What a weirdo thing.

<Maybe somebody should link this to that topic about what to do when the power goes out.>
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 12:33 am
I had the whole bar trying to do this last night, a contest for free drinks. My partner lost his voice so I was solo. I was trying to fill in the white noise. There were two people in the whole place who managed to do this. The each got a jug of beer for their amazing talents.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 09:18 am
Dunno. I can do it now, though I failed the first two times. Another two times to iron out the hitch in the foot-circles at the bottom of the 6, and all is well.

(But I had quite a bit of movement training once upon a time, like portal star, so maybe some of us just learn to be special.)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 09:49 am
Ceili wrote:
I had the whole bar trying to do this last night, a contest for free drinks. My partner lost his voice so I was solo. I was trying to fill in the white noise. There were two people in the whole place who managed to do this. The each got a jug of beer for their amazing talents.

Are you a beertender, Ceili, or an entertainer?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 10:48 am
I did it!

Tried a couple of times yesterday, couldn't, laughed my head off, concentrated today and did it fine, first try. REALLY had to concentrate, though. (Another former dancer, plus ASL...)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » And now for something a little different....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:01:53