And now for something a little different....

Ceili

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 11:19 am
Entertainer (at least I hope I'm entertaining) I'll leave that up to the crowd.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 04:43 pm
You are annoyingly right Frank
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 05:03 pm
On the first try I thought I'd beat the system but then I realized I was rotating my foot counterclockwise. Always have had trouble keeping that straight.

Did it right the next time and my foot did the switcheroo just like it was supposed to. Felt better about myself, as, alas, I have no dance training that would explain the abnormal result.

I would recommend, however, not attempting the trick in public unless you are able to provide an explanation. Innocent people passing by are liable to find the display disturbing.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 05:27 pm
Especially when you're mumbling to yourself and wearing soiled pants, as I so frequently am...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 07:07 pm
You've met Scanner Dan!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 07:11 pm
eh?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 07:14 pm
(Madison fixture, a guy about 45 now, big coke-bottle glasses, mumbles, pants aren't always in the best of shape. Very friendly, though!)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 07:15 pm
Since I've spent most of my adult life in Santa Cruz and Seattle, I doubt I'd find him particularly out of the ordinary... (I do mumble to meself, but the pants are generally stained with, say, mustard rather than... soil.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 07:19 pm
There are plenty of those in Madison, too. Forgot to say where his name is from -- he has a police scanner thingie and walks around listening to it. Genuinely a nice guy, though, knows everybody, sees a new face and says "hey you're new here" and offers to show 'em around. (Especially pretty freshman girls...)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 08:15 pm
Hmm. I'm not a pretty freshman girl. I like the police scanner, though. That's a nice angle.

(Am very impressed by the care Madison seems to take of it's less-fortunate folks. Bus drivers all seem to know them, they ride around having conversations with folks and generally getting to be a lot more sociable than they're allowed to be in other places.)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:46:46