Drugs, your thoughts on them

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 02:55 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

JLNobody wrote:
Oh, I smoked mota moderately for years without ill effect. But now there is nothing I cherish more than a clear mind.

Same here. I've come to understand that whatever visions or inspiration alcohol and ganja gave me pale when compared to what I can accomplish and/or visualize/imagine with a clear mind. I no longer need (or want) either of those crutches.

Showing your bias, because instead of "crutch" you could have chosen the word "aid". My peak consciousness moments were all on acid, which I found to be far superior to your postulation that the clear undrugged mind is the best.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 02:57 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Please learn the difference between "inferred" and "implied" before you even attempt to argue by making meaningless distinctions between misgivings and need for justification.

You knew what I meant, and so did everyone else....you are nitpicking over language to evade the point.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 03:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
The point is that you are posting nonsense just to see your own thoughts in print.

PS -- re:your other post. A crutch is an aid. No pejorative intent there unless you choose to read it so.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 04:00 pm
@shay15,
Quote:
The only thing I've tried is pot, but honestly the burning sensation in my throat and the horrible munchies wasn't even worth the high.

Ah yes. The munchies. When you're eating three day old bread and it tastes absolutely awesome. What a bummer. Wink
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 04:13 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
That is good advice.
In my younger years I got into the habit of extensive cannabis smoking to the point where it made it hard for me to function properly in everyday life. That taught me how important moderation is, and how important the difference is between using and abusing drugs.
But for anyone who turn to drugs as a solution to anything, I would stress to them that to most problems that can be alleviated by a high, drugs are a temporary solution that cause more problems in the long run than they solve.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 07:26 pm
@Cyracuz,
Quote:
That is good advice.
In my younger years I got into the habit of extensive cannabis smoking to the point where it made it hard for me to function properly in everyday life. That taught me how important moderation is, and how important the difference is between using and abusing drugs.
But for anyone who turn to drugs as a solution to anything, I would stress to them that to most problems that can be alleviated by a high, drugs are a temporary solution that SOMETIMES cause more problems in the long run than they solve.

Quote fixed for accuracy.
Cyracuz

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 07:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
Fair enough.
The grammar of that sentence still sucks though. But I don't care to fix it.
0 Replies

devink1008

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 02:36 am
@Lustig Andrei,
I don't seek approval but i seek others thoughts because you can never have enough information on anything. I generally can't imagine physical images but i have many many business ideas, songs, abstract drawings and i also have a book that i wrote. I figure if youre addicted to every drug in moderation but only at night it can vastly improve the quality of life and the quality of thought. I get the best drugs out of anything in my area and i always keep an eye out for the next deal. drugs are not ruining my life but quite the opposite they are improving my grasp on reality so I don't need to escape it but at the same time escaping it is intensely interesting.
devink1008

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 02:40 am
@JLNobody,
i have the same effect with alchohol so i try not to drink it but some times curiosity gets the better of me
JLNobody

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 05:18 pm
@devink1008,
Curiosity, ah yes. It almost killed this cat.
0 Replies

Anomie

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 11:45 am
This requires meta-ethical truth, or politics, I would not personally converge such concepts, however I do believe that they do not satisfy my conditions of healthy, yet this also applies to processed consumptions of foods, furthermore other drugs.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 12:17 pm
@devink1008,
devink1008 wrote:

I don't seek approval but i seek others thoughts because you can never have enough information on anything. I generally can't imagine physical images...

Not sure what this means... This is an EEG of a patient being administered propofol (what killed Michael Jackson) at minute 7 (time is on the x axis) and then another anesthetic (see link for details: http://www.technologyreview.com/article/39289/?p1=A1 ). There's no problem visualizing specs for any drug!
http://www.technologyreview.com/files/78718/0112_spectrogram_x616.jpg
0 Replies