neko nomad

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 09:56 am
@ossobuco,
Yeah; I was only guessing, mind you - the bark doesn't look mulberry, come to think of it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 10:24 am
@neko nomad,
Maybe! I looked at several photos and some of them do get that elongated dome shape!
boomerang

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 10:25 am
@High Seas,
Thanks High Seas! I'll head over there....
neko nomad

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 06:03 pm
@boomerang,
I believe we have a positive ID here: it's weeping mulberry -
Click leaves; they look like the ones in your photo .
sozobe

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 06:28 pm
@neko nomad,
Also, the fruit in the background photo reminded me that earlier I wondered about the flowers -- since Boomer said that this one doesn't flower. I found out that only the (females?) flower -- forget which now, but they don't all flower.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 07:15 pm
This is getting exciting..

my neighbor has a mulberry, leaves all over my yard. And on my roof. Illegal in Albuquerque, but certainly not her fault.

Whatever I saw when I was looking at weeping trees, the weeping mulberry leaves in that link had a tripartite effect, which was why I said no, and chucked the link.

Dunno, but I've tasted mulberries from a tree and they were delicious.

Those were also the trees planted all over for years, as in my in law's mobile home village, cut down to chicken sticks once a year, and at least early on, blamed for major change in allergy in Tucson. But..... maybe not the weeping one.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 07:19 am
@boomerang,
There's a couple more details Danon is listing in order to provide positive ID for your tree: http://able2know.org/topic/139617-112#post-4828946
0 Replies