Are releasing images of the deceased to the media distasteful to the point that the government shoul

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 12:40 pm
I do not believe that the release of explicit visuals through the media carries with it negative results that would not be present in the release of transcripts or other documents portraying the events that are in question. I feel that as an American we have the right to inquire and request certain visual evidence as it relates to a topic in question. The event spawning this debate and I keep reverting back to it is the situation surrounding the death of Mr. Osama Bin Laden and whether or not we have the right to view the evidence of his passing. My argument has been and will continue to be that as an American I was forced to witness the tragic event on the date of 09/11/2001, a senseless act of violence spearheaded and celebrated by Mr. Bin Laden. I have a sincere interest in viewing the evidence of his demise and I feel that I have the right for my government to provide me with open access to this information.

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 12:49 pm
@cjones88,
Quote:
I feel that as an American we have the right to inquire and request certain visual evidence as it relates to a topic in question.

Isn't that what the Freedom of Information Act is supposed to accomplish?
0 Replies