Help with black slang- are these black slang nicknames offensive?

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 10:31 pm
@firefly,
You think I am behind the times - do you know what is bad about making current references to things? It makes things DATED.

Some of the slang people used in the '80s and '90s is STILL in use- I am USING IT. I want to look up 2000s-2010s slang to use.

I try to keep up with current events but that is not that important.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 10:34 pm
I have a black friend who told me THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH PUFFY.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 10:47 pm
there isn't anything wrong with it. It just means gay, among other things. That's perfectly fine with us. If you use it, you'll just have to live with that fact, because that's what it means to millions of people, and there is nothing you can do to change it. so just suck it up and call your character Puffy and millions of people will think that means he's gay, and there's nothing the matter with him being gay, except in your bishop's twisted mind.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 10:49 pm
@MontereyJack,
I GIVE A CRAP WHAT YOU THINK.

THE DEFINITIONS I GAVE THAT I FOUND ON URBANDICTIONARY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING GAY.

HE IS NOT GAY- IT IS JUST A FRIGGIN' NICKNAME.

YOU ARE ONE OF MANY IGNORAMUSES WHO DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BLACK SLANG.

OF COURSE STUPID IGNORANT RACIST WHITE JACKASSES LIKE YOU WHO LIKE TO CRITICIZE AND LOOK DOWN ON WHAT BLACK ARTISTS AND WRITERS THINK AND DO WANT TO INFER SOME CRAP ABOUT SOMETHING - LIKE A CHARACTER BEING GAY WHEN HE ISN'T.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 11:01 pm
@MontereyJack,
You are an IMBECILE who is PREJUDGING SOMETHING YOU HAVEN"T EVEN SEEN YET.

When I asked if "Puffy" an offensive nickname to use for a black character another person said, "Just write the cartoon and judge from the reactions."

There is NOTHING QUEER ABOUT MY CHARACTER.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 11:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
jesus wept...

John 11:35
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 11:02 pm
@Rockhead,
PUFFY IS NOT QUEER.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 11:03 pm
Jason, you don't know anything about black slang. You're getting it from books not from life.You;ve admitted you know nothing about current slang. You're not even using one of the more widely-used definitions of the word, but a little-used one that most people disagree with. And then you go on a racist rant about it. To most people, "puffy" has gay connotations (as well as some heavy-duty sexual connotations). That is a simple fact of life and language. You can't insist people only use language your way. They won't.

And you will notice we too are telling you to use "Puffy" as a character's name. We're just telling you to not be surprised when they all think he's gay. And we think it's great for diversity's and tolerance's sake that you have a character that people perceive as gay in your comic. Whether or not you think he's gay will have absolutely no effect on people's perceptions.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 11:06 pm
@MontereyJack,
THAT IS A LIE- I GREW UP USING SOME OF IT IN THE '80s and '90s. I WASN'T A TOTAL SQUARE BACK THEN.

WHATEVER I DON'T KNOW - I LOOK IT UP ONLINE OR IN SLANG DICTIONARIES.

DON'T ASSUME OR PRESUME SOMETHING.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 11:17 pm
Anybody who uses "total square" is so totally square he's cubical.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 11:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
You mean I am an "L7".
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 02:38 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

POOFY - YES, NOT PUFFY.

PUFFY IS NOT THE SAME THING AS POOFY.

ARE YOU THAT STUPID AND OBTUSE???

OR OR YOU SOME DIEHARD HEADCASE WHO LIKES SCREWING WITH PEOPLE, LIKES SOME KIND OF SADISTIC SHREW??

I've never used American spellings, and I'm not going to stasrt now. We spell it poofy.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 02:39 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I have a black friend who told me THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH PUFFY.

Maybe he thought you were trying to pick him up.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 02:40 am
@izzythepush,
Right- and the English spell "color" and "parlor" with a "u".
izzythepush

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 02:41 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

PUFFY IS NOT QUEER.

He's a starfish trooper.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 02:46 am
I can't help myself (another musical interlude) ...

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 03:43 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Right- and the English spell "color" and "parlor" with a "u".

Exactly, we say poof, you say 'puff.' Same thing.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 04:21 am
For all you haters hatin' on my characters, this is for you- enjoy:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/MAvericker/puffynewpic-11.jpg
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 04:53 am
All right, now we're starting to get somewhere. He's got a little more muscle, looks a little fiercer, not such a wimp. and we've finally got some color. Only question is, why is he wearing a diaper?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 04:58 am
@JGoldman10,
He looks like he's trying to do a ****, or about to receive something in the tradesman's entrance.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 12:45:18