What do Christians think about Chris Hedges and this speech?

George

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 10:27 am
Hedges wrote:
Where is the church now? Where are the clergy? Why do so many church
doors remain shut? Why do so many churches refuse to carry out the central
mandate of the Christian Gospel and lift up the cross?
I'm pretty sure you agree with this. I think the article I posted speaks
to his questions here. Forgive me for saying so, but I don't think you
really care about Occupy Wall Street or homelessness or corporate
greed. Your real gripe is with religion in general and Christianity in
particular. You are exploiting the Occupy Wall Street movement to
advance your personal agenda.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 11:12 am
@George,
Thank you for the article that is the type of info that I am looking for.
Now what do you think about Chris's speech?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 11:29 am
@George,
I think that what Chris said about the churches helping out was true, "don't you?

Quote:
Where is the church now? Where are the clergy? Why do so many church
doors remain shut? Why do so many churches refuse to carry out the central
mandate of the Christian Gospel and lift up the cross?

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you agree with this. I think the article I posted speaks
to his questions here.

I would like to know where the majority of churches are because I have not been hearing a large cry out by the churches only a very small number. What was the number mentioned in the article? was it 1,800? I wonder what that number represents as a percentage of all churches in the USA

Quote:
Forgive me for saying so, but I don't think you
really care about Occupy Wall Street or homelessness or corporate
greed.

I forgive you for being very wrong.

Quote:
Your real gripe is with religion in general and Christianity in

No, I'm trying to get people to wake up to the horrific injustice that is being done to them.
I do not have a beef with Christianity, I would like to see people be more like Jesus.

I do have a problem with religion because I do not like what I have seen come from it over the years. After the people better their mores then it seems that the church will follow or the church will not have any followers.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 11:58 am
@George,
This is from the article so it is not like I am the only one who has been wondering where the church is in a morality crises.
I would think that the church would want people to know where it stands on issues of corruption and society values.

Quote:
Currie said he found the number of young people who thanked or prayed
with the religious emissaries "astounding," especially because only one in
four Oregonians identify with a faith tradition.

"A number of people expressed surprise that we were there. They did not
realize that the church had an interest in these issues," Currie said.

Trust me I study this movement daily and if the church has something to say I am interested in knowing what it is. I wish that the church would try harder to let the secular community know what the church's views are on societal issues.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 12:56 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Give me one good reason why I should hold an intellectual conversation with you?

I could give you a million, highly pertinent, reasons, but it won't alter the fact that you are inapable of holding intellectual conversations with anyone.

You can post videos, and respond to them in a very simplistic manner, saying whether or not you agree with them, but that's about as far as it goes. If anyone asks you why you find a viewpoint so persuasive you accuse people of being mentally ill, or childish, and daub emoticons all over the place. That's not I would call an 'intellectual' conversation.

The first time I asked you to demonstrate the ability to have a reasonably intelligent conversation, by asking you what was so important about a speech by David Icke, you showed a complete inability to progress beyond basic levels of communication.

Having already, as a sign of good faith, watched 1 and a half hours of your interminally dull and moronic videos, I, quite reasonably, informed you that I wasn't going to watch any more, but if you were to summarise the main points I would respond. That was something you just could not do, and still can't do.

Why should anybody watch a video by someone who is too stupid to be able to say what the video is about?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 12:57 pm
@George,
George wrote:

Your real gripe is with religion in general and Christianity in

And he's too stupid to see that.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 02:50 pm
@izzythepush,
This is the good reason? Seems childish to me.

Like I said learn to talk with better behavior and then maybe you will get somewhere but if you have ocpd don't count on it.

Quote:
That's not I would call an 'intellectual' conversation.

Where I come from we would call that an incomplete sentence. What do you call it? 'intellectual' conversation perhaps?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 03:20 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
That's not I would call an 'intellectual' conversation.

Where I come from we would call that an incomplete sentence.

There must be a lot of morons where you come from.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 08:24 am
@izzythepush,
Here's a play wot I dun wrote.

Reasoning Logic: Hi, I've just seen Cars2
Sounding Board: What's it about?
RL: It makes a lot of interesting points.
SB: What's it about?
RL: Why don't you just watch it?
SB: Can you tell me what it's about?
RL: Why won't you watch it?
SB: It's called Cars2, is it about cars?
RL: Well, duh? Yeah, and where's the church in all of this? That's what I wan't to know.
SB: In all of what?
RL: You're sooooooo immature. Just watch the movie, then we can have an intellectual conversation.
SB: Do you know what the movie's about?
RL: I've told you, it makes some very good points, watch it then tell me if you agree with them. You still haven't answered my question. Where is the church in all of this?
SB: What are the points?
RL: They're good points. Why don't you watch the movie and tell me what you think?
SB: I don't know what it's about.
RL: How are you going to find out what it's about if you don't see it? You're acting like a psycopath.
SB: Aren't you going to tell me what it's about?
RL: You really are very childish. Why are you being so emotional?
SB: What's it about?
RL: There's no need to attack me because you can't deal with the points it raises. You're a paranoid schitzophrenic, and a troll. I'm going to ignore you until you grow up.
SB: Thank **** for that.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 08:46 am
@izzythepush,
I have never had anyone give me so much attention before. Are obsessed with me or have you been drinking?
Drinking could cause many of the factors that we see.
Do you need someone to talk to? I use to drink and smoke so I know what it is like. I just recently quit smoking and I am having a hard time with it still.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 11:10 am
Words of wisdom.

0 Replies