farmerman

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 09:21 pm
@farmerman,
Aeems that Newt hiot his own destruct button by flaming his opponent and getting kinda petulant about it. Who won the Newt Dead Pool?
wmwcjr

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 09:50 pm
Earlier this evening I chanced upon a hilarious "Jabba the Newt" Laughing editorial cartoon that's posted in the OP of a DU thread. I wanted to share it with other A2K members; but, unfortunately, a Google image search I did on "jabba the newt" failed to provide the image in the DU thread. So, all I'm able to do is post a link to the thread.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10167032

I've also posted the pair of pictures below as a poor substitute for the editorial cartoon. (Newt sure looks scary, doesn't he?)

http://leftcoastvoices.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/jabba-newt.jpg

And here's a bonus: a classic bumper sticker ...

http://rlv.zcache.com/toot_4_newt_2012_bumper_sticker-p128797084527797874trl0_400.jpg
It's just what I should put on the rear bumper of my car. Mr. Green
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2012 10:02 am
Ooo, I offended someone. But even though my post was at Gingrich's expense, somehow I don't think it was H2oMAN or any of the other conservative members who thumbed it down. How hoity-toity! Rolling Eyes
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2012 10:10 am
@wmwcjr,
It's a shame you don't have the courage to identify yourself.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2012 11:39 am
@farmerman,
Jan. 19, 2012
Marianne Gingrich says Newt wanted 'open marriage'
David Lightman | McClatchy Newspapers

Newt Gingrich's second wife, Marianne, has some big doubts about her ex-husband's character. Here's part of a news release from ABC, which will air an interview with her on tonight's "Nightline."

In her most provocative comments, the ex-Mrs. Gingrich said Newt sought an "open marriage" arrangement so he could have a mistress and a wife.

She said when Gingrich admitted to a six-year affair with a Congressional aide, he asked her if she would share him with the other woman, Callista, who is now married to Gingrich.

"And I just stared at him and he said, 'Callista doesn't care what I do,'" Marianne Gingrich told ABC News. "He wanted an open marriage and I refused."

Marianne described her "shock" at Gingrich's behavior, including how she says she learned he conducted his affair with Callista "in my bedroom in our apartment in Washington."

"He always called me at night," she recalled, "and always ended with 'I love you.' Well, she was listening."

All this happened, she said, during the same time Gingrich condemned President Bill Clinton for his lack of moral leadership.

She said Newt moved for the divorce just months after she had been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, with her then-husband present.

"He also was advised by the doctor when I was sitting there that I was not to be under stress. He knew," she said.

Gingrich divorced his first wife, Jackie, as she was being treated for cancer. His relationship with Marianne began while he was still married to Jackie but in divorce proceedings, Marianne said.

There was no immediate comment from Gingrich on his ex-wife's allegations. Gingrich has said during the campaign he has "no relationship" with Marianne.

While she had been quoted earlier as saying she could end his career, Marianne Gingrich defended Newt's ethics while he served in Congress and came under several ethics investigations.

"At the time, I believed him to be ethical," she said in the interview.
farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2012 12:18 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I see that Rick Perry threw his two supporters to Newt.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2012 11:56 am
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/404190_332870093414081_125955227438903_1079014_1945101764_n.jpg
rosborne979

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2012 12:05 pm
@Butrflynet,
The real story here is that at some point in time, at least three women seem to have fallen in love with Newt Gingrich.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2012 12:11 pm
So, if the Republicans do vote for Newt, do we still have to call them the Moral Majority?
farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2012 03:16 pm
@Ceili,
Newt could be the guy. If he can chip into Romneys lead in Fla, he will have a commanding lead. Id love it so that, by the time we reach the Ohio and Pa primaries, wed still have a race.
Its very debilitating to the candidates though. They are running marathons every week , then one of them hs gotta start campaigning.

Meanwhile GOP issues, like blaming Obama for the faltering economy. are vaporizing.
farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2012 03:17 pm
@farmerman,
I read one GOP poster herein who inimated that all the improvements in the economy were "in spite of" Obama.
I see a sea change in their approach
"Well hell yeh the economy is improving, ats because we held the line on everything"
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2012 05:39 pm
@farmerman,
Nominating Newt would be a gift to the Obama campaign. Nothing else has the power to activate a wide range and depth of Democrats into getting out the vote to defeat a Gingrich candidacy, especially if they decide to replace Joe Biden with Hilary Clinton.
farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 11:30 am
@Butrflynet,
Im hoping they pull out chunks of Newts Diss, (which was more of a vacation in which he didnt even visit the primary field site of his work but some european country that has "better tables").

we could all go to Newt Gingrich PhD , Tulane U.
farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 11:56 am
@farmerman,
Ive seen several bloggers whove stated that Newt apparently neither c=visited belgium nor The Congob but apparently relied upon secondary sources. Im willing to submit that he probably went to Belgium for a short stay in 1970 but didnt visit the Congo at all. SO his actual field experiences are limited to places with better food.

Gingrich was denied tenure 4 years after he took a teaching position at a small college. He tried to run for political office several times while he taught so perhaps his ultimate political ambition alienated him to the college trustees.
All I can say is I really wish Newt the best in his quest for the Quest
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 09:01 am
I'm not sure what this means in the scheme of things, but The Drudge Report doesn't seem to like Newt very much. They seem to be basing him pretty good.

Drudge wrote:
INSIDER: GINGRICH REPEATEDLY INSULTED REAGAN

http://www.drudgereport.com
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 09:08 am
Ann Coulter doesn't seem to like the Newtster either. Why don't these people like Newt?
maxdancona

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 09:43 am
@rosborne979,
Ann Coulter wrote:
“Hotheaded arrogance is neither conservative nor attractive to voters.”

Which is probably the funniest thing I have read all year.
farmerman

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 01:56 pm
@maxdancona,
So, what XCoulyer dude is saying is that either Newt has gotta be conservative OR attractive? (Pick one)
farmerman

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 12:03 pm
@farmerman,
Yesterday Newt, folding up his tents and his campaign dishes, said to every one assembled."MAke sure you back Romney"

I love it how they act like theres no bad blood between them .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 07:13 pm
@maxdancona,
NEWT WHO?he he he he
0 Replies